• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, i bought this game about 30 days ago...

There are no cheats for RO. End of story.

Maybe instead of insisting that people are cheating, you should practice. Maybe then you'd be able to see how people do the things they do. While you're at it, grow a pair.

there is no game without cheaters. they are just extrem rare in RO. SO far i know there are cheats you can use from UT for RO (the mod) and im sure someone with the right skills in programming could with enough time make cheats from UT usable for RO:O. But i just think there is not enough provocation for the people do take that much time doing it. Most other games have a community behind it 10 times larger then RO:O ones, so the popularity is alot biger as well.

Upvote 0
heheh, no offense bud, but thats extremely niave, in just over the last month ive seen speed hacks, wall hacks, aim-bots, radars, recoil/breathing removal hacks, pretty much the usual fair that was present in DOD and BF1942. punk buster worked very well for BF1942, at least when it was regularly updated, once they ceased with the updates it turned into a circus.

so then, my next question would have to be, what the hell is VAC for then? a hollow/false assurance sales tool? i mean punkbuster did its job, it was there and it performed its intended function (if only for 3 or 4 months after its last update). Why would the RO people bother mentioning this VAC setup if it serves no function whatsoever?

and yes, some wall hacks can definately be explained as just exploits, BF had similar exploits. Of course then there are the wall hacks where people come bailing around the corner and open up on you as they are turning the corner hitting you dead on in a specific part of a room, as if they already knew exactly where you were at (Ive seen that one a fair amount from certain players). theres a video on you tube of a guy sniping the crap out of people on danzig, the funny thing is, if you look past the sniping part, you realize hes staying in iron site mode for some long periods and yet is not having to deal with the breathing swaying.... hell i can shoot every bit as acurate as that, if i didnt have the breathing to contend with... anyways, the funny thing is its a dead give away of a hack in use (if youve actually played RO, otherwise its just some nice shooting to those not in the know).

You understand how an aimbot works and why its impossible to make for server side hit detection games (a la RO), right?

Upvote 0
VAC is very good at what it does, so if ever there were haxxorz in RO, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you DO however feel that you have absolute proof of someone hacking (not just tough shots, but video playback or screenshots, log files, etc) contact the server admin first, then if it seems to be the case, go about contacting a dev in private (PMs, or post here requesting a PM from a dev).

That said though, as I've been accused of hacking myself (as I'm sure everyone who has played since release has) I have yet to actually see any hackers in RO. I don't ever recall even hearing about it in the mod, though I admit I was never more than casually attached to the mod and might have put all of about three posts on the forums there, so I'm not the best source for info on that front ;)

Upvote 0
Speed hacks: PROOF, we need it. I have heard the rumors but have yet to see a video of it.

Wall Hacks: I have never suspected anyone of wall hacking, maybe there just good players. But it could also and is most likely clipping.
I would also like to add something that could disprove the wall hack idea: Ok when we think of call hacks we may think of the guy with a rifle tracking you through a wall from across the map and shooting you through that wall. Well that cant happen in ROOST and no hack or mod or program can change that (well unless its on the server). ROOST doesnt have bullet penitration so bullets hit a surface and stop, doesnt matter if its 1mm thick or 10in thick Bullets cant pass through objects. So if your so convinced of a wall hack, then why. did someone can out and know exactly where you were (if you can think of the spot so can someone else and someone else has most likely already done it. I would imagin you were getting shot through walls and you assumed wall hacker. No, its clipping, part of your body was sticking out of the wall and another player was using this exploit (not hack) to kill you. He shot the part of your body that was explosed. This is a game error and exists in almost all FPS games to different degrees

aim-bots: Good player or a bot, I would put my money on the second one

Radars: huh, i dont really understand this one but I have an idea and that idea leads me to believe its just a good player who knows the maps and where to check when clearing a room or searching. You said you have only played the game for 30 days, well some of the maps are from teh mod and some are from release. So a vet player could have been playing these same maps for 9 months to several years more then you.

Recoil/breath hacks: These are errors in the game which the player has no control over. The no recoil think happens when certain players are running low FPS and there is a mod which servers can run out there that does the same thing. and breath hacks, this seems more like another error then a hack.

Also punkbuster didnt work that well but the idea of it made people believe they were safe from hackers and thats why its so popular. If someone called you a hacker with PB running then you just say, well I cant be PB is on this server. But PB only worked by stopping existing hacks. meaning a hack is developed and released, players use it, a good player or PB employee notices the new hack and they develop and release a fix to prevent that hack from being used again. Then repeat the again and again and again. So PB was always a few weeks behind the hackers. (I dont know if thats how VAC works)

I think people in general are too quick to declare that there are hackers out there. Many people seem to forget that it could be an error, there a good player, I screwed up, maybe I'm really not that good and they just know the map or something else. I mean most of what you suggest sounds like things that are not hacking but bots on high settings, good players who know the maps and know where people hide, clipping (this means part of your body was sticking through a wall and all the others players could see where you where, they could also shoot the part of you sticking through the wall), or errors in the game.

The only thing that could be a hack is the soo called speed back but I havent seen thing and no one has provided proof of this, it could even be a bug, lag or any number of things. We need to stop suspecting the worst of ever situtation and start rationally viewing events.

Kess: I am sorry if I sounded like a jerk in this post, that was not my intention but many new players claim people are hacking which out looking into the situtation looking at the most likely cause (bots, game errors or good players).

Malice just basically summed up everything with this, their are no uploaded hacks/cheats yet for this game, and I pray it stays this way. If you believe someone cheats or makes ridiculous shots it is because you are too new to the game to understand the flow of the map.

Also their are alot of players and in particular one clan that thinks.. well "knows" I cheat. For all of you that read this, you can get Vader bot 3.0 and the Lemur_Christ hack at www.w0rk3d.com

Upvote 0
heheh, no offense bud, but thats extremely niave...

You can stop right there, good sir. You've been playing for a month and you're accusing people of hacking? I myself have been around the block a few times in RO and not once have I suspected anyone of hacking. Sounds to me like you've got a slight problem of getting your ass handed to you.

Upvote 0
seems like a very fun game, but i have two questions for the company that created it.

#1. When was the last time the VAC security was updated to circumvent the hackers?

#2. When is the next scheduled update for VAC?

after playing day of defeat and BF1942 for a numer of years (16 year gamer here), and watching how after 3 or 4 months the hackers figure out how to work around the anticheat software unless their thrown off by another update, and now over the last month watching the hacking reach epidemic proportions on a number of RO servers, id like to know did i waste my money here? or will VAC be getting an update soon?

There are no hacks for RO. Even if there's, no one uses them. The players are just different :) The only problem is intentional TK'ers, though most servers are well adminned and have tk limits.

Upvote 0
I've been accused of cheating many times and I love it so much that its almost the objective of the game for me, reaching the highest score by far in every round and then someone calls me a cheater makes my day, cause it means that my skills are beyond human belief. =P

There are no hacks in this game, there are really good players that can give you a hard time, or simply, lucky players that are in the right place at the right time

I've been playing since the beta 2 of the Mod version and I never found any proof of anyone hacking... even if someone hacks in some unnoticeable way, it doesnt matter to me, as long as my ping isnt higher than 140 I'll get a higher score anyway =P

Upvote 0
I've been playing since the mod version of 3.0 and have NEVER seen someone hack. The only smacktard I've seen really was 2 or 3 intentional TK'ers.

I'm glad our our community is so small; everybody knows each other and the hackers stay away :D

Even if there are hackers and I don't notice them, I'm still better than them without hacks. If people need hacks they s uck at the game to begin with.

The topic starter is just paranoid... that's what you get for playing CS for so long! :D

Also their are alot of players and in particular one clan that thinks.. well "knows" I cheat. For all of you that read this, you can get Vader bot 3.0 and the Lemur_Christ hack at www.w0rk3d.com

I've heard about that Lemur_bot once... what was that all about? Something about a package named like that found in the BFE server logs... I thought it was a joke of Lemur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been accused of cheating many times and I love it so much that its almost the objective of the game for me, reaching the highest score by far in every round and then someone calls me a cheater makes my day, cause it means that my skills are beyond human belief.
Don't make me laugh, cheating accusations are NEVER spilled out because of a high score. More because of crazy kills.

High scores like 200-300 are the occurrence of incompetent (or of equal skill level) teams that go at it capping back and forth forever, being unable to lock the map and win it in an efficient way.

Upvote 0
I had some clan named KG accuse me of hacking because I routinely stabbed them as they sprayed wildly with their PPSh's. Learn to control the recoil, sheesh.

Anyways, yes, ideally, you want your score to be about 50 or so, depending on the number of objectives. Any more than that, and you know that you are pubbing.

Upvote 0
Don't make me laugh, cheating accusations are NEVER spilled out because of a high score. More because of crazy kills.

High scores like 200-300 are the occurrence of incompetent (or of equal skill level) teams that go at it capping back and forth forever, being unable to lock the map and win it in an efficient way.

I can have far better score in krasny playing as a russian than anyone both teams, and the german team that is the capping one. how does that fit in your theory?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, and you only say that because my post hurts your ego, of course I understand that no one likes to see post of someone else saying that has better scores.

because I can have far better score in krasny playing as a russian than anyone both teams, and the german team that is the capping one. how does that fit in your theory?
Sorry mate. you didn't get it. I'm a Kill/death ratio whore. objectives*, points and score don't matter to me. there's no jealousy invlolved, I simply have a different vision of the game.

Anyways, as far as Krasny allies go, if you defend it to the win and go back and forth with the Axis unable to lock it down like I mentionned in my above post you'll have to cap back garage mostly a fair couple of times (also CH and petrol but not necessarily). so it fits perfectly with my above theory. :)

*by objectives, I mean strictly capping.

Upvote 0
I have been accused of cheating a few times. That it mainly because of hip-shooting with a bolt action rifle at close ranges. Those have happened at the times of free weekends and such.

I have never suspected anyone cheating. Using a rifle against SMG users gets me killed often enough at close ranges anyway.

PS. I am not the Lemur related to the stuff above. I play the game quite rarely and all. =P

Upvote 0