• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fall Damage

I find the fall damage rather unrealistik at times. Sometimes even a seemingly
small fall results in two broken legs or death.
CommentS?
Those "seemingly small falls" are seemingly small, compared to other shooters - not to real life.
I would jump out of a building in a videogame at any given time, but I would think twice about it in reallife.
Now you carry all your gear and a cumbersome rifle so you can

Upvote 0
I agree with Murphy, but there are a few select times that it seems you die from a strangely low height (I once got hurt sprinting down some stairs. :D), but those dont happen too often.

But if anything were to be added to falling, I'd suggest the addition of some sort of landing animation, it allways looks silly when you fall and hurt your legs, but your character doesn't look like he even flinches.

Upvote 0
Well,sometimes it feels right,sometimes it doesnt...
There is also a bug which prevents you from descending from a higher distance if you are crouched,especially noticable on Kessel...
When you're falling proned you don't have that little give which you need to spread out the force gradually which you do have when falling standing/crouched since you can use your knee to spread out the force.

Anyway, the system is good atm.
It only looks stupid you lose your legs from falling down 6 feet. But that isn't such of a problem.

Upvote 0
There is also a bug which prevents you from descending from a higher distance if you are crouched,especially noticable on Kessel...

Oh thats been a feature since the first Unreal, so you can look over ledges without having to worry about falling accidentally.

It only looks stupid you lose your legs from falling down 6 feet.

Yea, I'd like to see the character have a little more tolerance against breaking off limbs when taking falling damage, breaking a leg or arm is ok, but when the limb comes entirely off. . . that just looks goofy.

Upvote 0
What RO needs is a roll manuevre. The current red legs and few seconds of liming is okay, and on the right track, but it really is just an easy way out (as far as coding goes).

Ideally they would be a number of things that could happen when you jump from a hight. From a low hight your view would just jostle when you hit the ground. From a medium height you would be forced to bend you knees and put your hands down in front of you when you hit the ground in addition to a more pronounced screen jostle. And from a great height you would roll once you hit the ground. Any height greater than that you would still do the roll thing but it wouldn't be as smooth and you'd get the red leg/limp thing going.

This system of rolling would also help making exiting vehicles more realistic. No more people driving up in clown cars with satchels at 20 mph jumping out with no penalty near a tank. With a properly implemented roll maneuver the player would be forced through a time consuming and disorientating roll animation before he stands up and can run again.

Upvote 0