• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ign Best of 2006 RO Runner up

Well I think the biggest two problems people have with BF:2142 is that 1. it's pretty much a clone of BF:2 with futurisitic skins, and 2. buggy as hell when it launched (like BF:2 before it). Rehashing a game and releasing it when it really should be like an expansion is against the spirit of orginality, so just because of that it doesn't deserve the best FPS.

Upvote 0
Well I think the biggest two problems people have with BF:2142 is that 1. it's pretty much a clone of BF:2 with futurisitic skins, and 2. buggy as hell when it launched (like BF:2 before it). Rehashing a game and releasing it when it really should be like an expansion is against the spirit of orginality, so just because of that it doesn't deserve the best FPS.

eh. Maybe buggy, can't say.

but they noticed the lack of originality in 2142...but they still gave it a good review. It didn't score EXTREMELY well, it didn't do bad either..As long as lack of originality and a tad of bugginess are its only problems, I'd say it's a good game.
And just because many people like it, does not make it a good game.

Hell yes it does. If a bunch of people choose to play it over some other game, obviously they think it's a good game.

Upvote 0