• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The small things you want to see next!

The small things you want to see next!

• Loading Bar

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • New main menu screen

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • Informative loading screens

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • Louder vehicles

Votes: 97 61.0%
  • Hand signals

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Improved tracer effect

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • More gore

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • Enhanced weapon sounds

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Improved explosion effect

Votes: 49 30.8%

• Total voters
Im glad to see, louder engines sounds is winning! It just show how important it is to most of us!!

Well when i made THIS thread there didn't seem to be that much interest and it died a death:rolleyes:

And as i've already said Xancerman claims it would be impossible to make the engines louder (just read his post on the last page of that thread)!

So louder tank engines is either:

a) Not a 'little' thing
b) Impossible
c) Something Xancerman/the sound dept. are not interested in...

:confused:

Upvote 0
Well when i made THIS thread there didn't seem to be that much interest and it died a death:rolleyes:

And as i've already said Xancerman claims it would be impossible to make the engines louder (just read his post on the last page of that thread)!

So louder tank engines is either:

a) Not a 'little' thing
b) Impossible
c) Something Xancerman/the sound dept. are not interested in...

:confused:

Well maybe add vibration as the tank draws near. I think that would be AWSOME!!

Upvote 0
I want to see mortars, preferably small portable ones like the German 50 mm mortar; and heavy machine guns and larger mortars in prepared positions.

What I really want though is the incorporation of the main weapon of the infantry: the entrenching tool. It would be so nice to be able to dig in every once in a while. :)

"Dig in", the only way I imagine that could be done is if a mound of Dirt were to encircle(or just partially encircle) a prone soldier. It would likely be fine in many cases, but would look quite bizarre in many others.

Upvote 0
Better LOD models for soldiers. I get a 40 FPS drop from 80+ to 30-40 fps when there is 15+ soldiers on the screen. Doesn't matter if they're far or close (They might be good already, I dunno)

And this is on a 7800 GTX D:

It might be the 4x AA enabled but I get 60+ FPS in all other games. Like BF 2 for instance, 64 players, probably 20 soldiers visible max and my FPS is still above 60.

And rattus, you're the only one who looks at cow's tits D:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Dig in", the only way I imagine that could be done is if a mound of Dirt were to encircle(or just partially encircle) a prone soldier. It would likely be fine in many cases, but would look quite bizarre in many others.

That and a hole in the ground. It would make artillery much easier to cope with, and digging a communications trench to a spot would make it possible to bring up supplies and reinforcements without too much attrition.

Realism or smooth and fun gameplay, there is a trade-off there.

Upvote 0
The vehicles sound crappy mainly because the transmissions are instant, there is no clutching in the game.

At the time the tank shifts gear, there should been a pause in between where the clutch is disengaged, followed by shifting the gear and engaging the clutch again.

I don't think they released the throttle since that would kill the engine instantely when you go back at full torque, especially diesels engines and with cold temperatures.

If you could add a quick RPM drop and gain between shifting gears and adding a clutch/gearshifting sound. (Can be made very easily using Rich Foley effects, like a airpump and slamming a solid object gently on another solid object)

And of course they are too quiet, especially the tracks, they sound like those rubberpod-thread-tracks. :D

Upvote 0
I would like to see black and white bands appear on the barrel of you tank as you got armour kills. The number would match the kills for that tank only, so they would not carry to a new tank.
Some German tankers apparently painted these bands, not sure if russian did too, or maybe they painted in different place? Nice thing about barrel location is you can see it yourself from inside. A RL approach may dictate only Ger armour has this feature however.

I guess this idea is a small thing, but with total lack of modesty suggest it would be a really nice touch.

Upvote 0
you dont think its silly that they currently blink on the mini-map? That, for me, was one of the biggest disappointments in retail. That and the silly 'people in the capzone' bar. :(
you people don't realise that this was implemented to simulate "a squad and organised feeling" because you are not a "super-action Hank Hero" that spawns out of the blue with no idea of the battle status and goes solo to pillage and destroy the enemy, if you get what I mean. :D

As, for me, a minor thing would to fix be the Kar98 model when you're sprinting: you can see the bullets in the chamber and you shouldn't be able to. :eek:

Upvote 0