• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weaponsway idea

Interesting indeed,but I'd like to go more along the lines of you need some time to align your sights after popping up,so you have to stay put.
So,obviously if you are under heavy fire you woudlnt have much time to do it,because of the risk of getting your head shot off so imo that would work better than an artificial sway increase...

Upvote 0
Here are my thoughts, I don't really like sights going down all the time if I don't adjust it up, it just feels ridiculously awkward. Making aiming harder that way isn't realistic. Even now RO has too much recoil when standing and kneeling, so making this kind of downwards movement would make this game even more unrealistic.

If you have ever shooted with any weapon you know that sights really doesn't go down all the time, it goes around target quite randomly. Becouse breath shaking and tiny muscle spasms it is quite random not so much controllable movement, you just have to time your shot precisely, hold your breath and time. You can't control that movement precisely like in your suggestion, it is only matter of timing.

I really meant holding your breath like in H&D2 when pressing button breath holding starts and breath bar increases until new breath cycle begins, you can fire even without breath control but you have to time your shot better. Armed Assault has somekind of holding breath feature also, but I don't know how it works. It is realistic. Sights going constantly down isn't anyway realistic.

Some random sway is really necessary to make shooting feel atleast somehow realistic. Human just work like that, you can't have precise sway control unless your weapon is braced or deployed properly and still there is human in other end of weapon who is swaying weapon randomly.

Upvote 0
Murphy, I like your idea, and I agree with you on many of the points you made.

Even though I think this would make an excelent mutator, I dont think it should be added into RO for a few reasons, some that have allready been mensioned. (Though I felt a few of the points against the idea were kinda silly, almost like they didn't read your posts.)

Personally, even though this idea has a good chance of creating the type of sway and weapon control your looking for, I think the way the player would have to control those movements would be akward and I dont believe many players would want to tolerate it. Realism wize this idea has merit, but gameplay wize I see a few problems.

Mostly I imagine having to slowly move my mouse up and then jerk it down as I fire the gun, and then having to slowly move my mouse up again and repeat the process many times during a whole game. I think my arm would get tired after my first few kills.

Then there is also the possibility of it going bad if it isn't coded properly, though I doubt that TW would have that problem.

I think more appropriate methods to improving weapon sway (and to some degree, recoil) would be additions such as having to re-aim after changing stance or reloading, and having greater amounts of sway while supressed.

Even though I dont think it should be included, your idea is unique and imagineitive, and it shows excelent creativity. I think it would turn out to be a fabiluous mutator. Keep those ideas coming, I look forward to reading more from you. :)

Upvote 0
I really like the idea and I dont think its that unrealistic at all - its basicly gravity. "In real life guns down wander down"... of course they do! They move pretty fast! ;) Thats why they dont float in the air :p You have to "push" them slightly up all the time, compensating for gravity.

Actually that downward-movement should also (a tiny bit) go to left and right at times and increase over time, just like the current sway does. Best would be if the speed how quickly it increases depends on your stamina - the current sway does too, doesnt it?

Changing posture while in iron-sights could increase the sway by a fixed amount.

Upvote 0