• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cologne battle video

Did you see the geman tank commander get blown to chunk of meat?, it remebers me of ro when arty falls on you?

Pretty gruesome i'm shocked

:eek:

I remeber i saw a documentary of ww2 and they showed this clip , it was about ww2 cameramen. They said the 2nd guy that pop out the hatch had his legs blown off, and the other guy that ran got hit with a piece of shrapnel in the head and later died.

Upvote 0
Not at all surprised that you get to see fortage like this up close as it was more safer then for cameraman to be in the front lines as the German army had basicly seized to exist at that time. If I remember right there was only one panzer division near full strength that being the 9th facing the west and the 19th in the East which was surrounded south of Berlin.
That clip has also been posted here before but it was thew short version and no one new where the full clip was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not at all surprised that you get to see fortage like this up close as it was more safer then for cameraman to be in the front lines as the German army had basicly seized to exist at that time. If I remember right there was only one panzer division near full strength that being the 9th facing the west and the 19th in the East which was surrounded south of Berlin.
That clip has also been posted here before but it was thew short version and no one new where the full clip was.
yes i know this is the :p long version;)

Upvote 0
I'm the only one that noticed the german get vaporized on top of the tank? :confused:

what was that german thinking walking right in the line of fire?? pretty damn stupid
I didn't see that, are you sure it wasn't an American?
I'll have to watch it again..

hmm when they are escaping from the Panther? Everybody but the driver got out I think. The reason why it might look like a guy got vaporized is because the film is a bit sketchy and jumps ahead at time which it did while the crew was bailing out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also at 1:25 you see the bottom half of a person lying in the street.

I kind of saw the guy get obliterated. The camera shook like as if the tank shot...so maybe it got him, I'm not particularly sure.

and about the american tanker that came out of the top of the sherman: the commander rolled out with one leg missing (you can see his leg steaming...pretty sick). He bled to death a few minutes later. I can't remember what happened to the other crewmembers.

Upvote 0
also at 1:25 you see the bottom half of a person lying in the street.

I kind of saw the guy get obliterated. The camera shook like as if the tank shot...so maybe it got him, I'm not particularly sure.

and about the american tanker that came out of the top of the sherman: the commander rolled out with one leg missing (you can see his leg steaming...pretty sick). He bled to death a few minutes later. I can't remember what happened to the other crewmembers.
yes its very sad :( for all tankers in world war 2

Upvote 0
I didn't see that, are you sure it wasn't an American?
I'll have to watch it again..

hmm when they are escaping from the Panther? Everybody but the driver got out I think. The reason why it might look like a guy got vaporized is because the film is a bit sketchy and jumps ahead at time which it did while the crew was bailing out.

Its like ro , when arty falls on you, like a puff of chunks. Its like the tank shell went right through him.

Look at 3:10-12 into the movie, on top of the tank theres a figure popping out (the camera kind of moves) and all of a sudden a puff of blood and chunks goes in the air.

Upvote 0
Its like ro , when arty falls on you, like a puff of chunks. Its like the tank shell went right through him.

Look at 3:10-12 into the movie, on top of the tank theres a figure popping out (the camera kind of moves) and all of a sudden a puff of blood and chunks goes in the air.
A puff of blood and chunks goes in the air? All I saw was the camera shake a hell of a lot and then the tank was on flames. (I think it skipped ahead at that moment... Maybe to avoid showing the sight of the person being hit, maybe not.)

Anyways... Thanks for the link, it's always interesting watching this kind of footage.

Upvote 0