• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your Favourite Film?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ The Wild Bunch ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
' The land had changed. They hadn't. The earth had cooled. They couldn't. '

Stellar cast of William Holden, Warren Oates, Ben Johnson, Ernest Borgnine and Edmond O'Brien play a bunch of ageing outlaws struggling as the sun sets on the old 'traditional' west they are familiar with. The arrival of the railroads presents them with a powerful adversary standing in the way of their last big score. A deal with the devil, in the form of a crazed mexican general, brings temporary shelter, but the gang soon realise they have become caught between a rock and a hard place, and the strain threatens to tear the group apart. A tale of bravery, loyalty, and oh yeah, a crap-load of violence.

Excellent casting, a tight script full of memorable dialogue, beautiful cinematography and the seminal, now famous editing of gunfight scenes make this 1969 Sam Peckinpah western a must see.

Pike Bishop ( William Holden) : 'We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal! You're finished! We're finished! All of us!'

Coincidently, 'The Wild Bunch' is also one of my favourite RO servers.

BTW Anubis- good choice
1) One film only!
damn you for making me say there's a film i like better than Dr Strangelove.

Upvote 0
If I had to pick only one film then I would pick Alien 1 although 2 is great too.

Alien 1 has an awesome atmosphere, great aliens, a great crew with blue and white collar people and an amazing herione that fits perfectly.
It also feels much more realistic in both the plot, the crew interactions, the scenery and even the effects than most modern sci-fi movies.

Upvote 0
Well since T.V. series now count I'm going to use a movie trilogy. And what better trilogy than the original un-CGI'ied Star Wars trilogy.

Though the characters, story, and dialogue were all wonderfully done, what I truly liked about it was the setting. The world George Lucas built (before he went absolutly mad) was just incredible, so different yet the same. It is a trilogy that you can see a bunch of times and still enjoy it each time. Plus the arguments are endless as to which movie out of the three is the best :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0