• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Smolensk Stalemate - Beta 2

The main reason this map works so well is probably the distance from objective to spawn and the amount of cover.

It is pretty much spot on for the most fun use of rifles.

Come on Nestor, its superb fun for all weapons used in the game. And that is simply due to the map's design. This map is one of the most popular, without Tanks, we have seen in a while. Its a bunch of fun to play. :)

Upvote 0
beer plz!

yeah the only thing i could say that should be added to this, is a street sign with a halftrack and an arrow pointing to the RIGHT side by the road infront of the german second spawn, i dont know why so many noobs ALWAYS go left, theyr so dumb!!!

haha, other then that small rant, great map, love the fact that theres armoured veicles and no pfausts evrywhere, so finally the ht's can be used in a blitz style ifthe russians arent fast enough...

Upvote 0
I usually sit in the back and stay there.
The rest gets out impatiently and gets killed within 10 secs.
I wait and remain in the capzone inside the HT and start abusing the mg :D
Or I drive back the HT switching to q bqckseat when I hear a priming nade sound.

When will the gerries understand that staying inside the HT will make them cap that objects much faster. Is it more fun, errrr, euh, no :D

Monk.

Upvote 0
This map is my fav custom map to date (havent played Kolno yet :) )

I think as others have mentioned, the ridge line is where this map shines best. Its fun to defend with just rifles grenades. A couple of well timed and placed nades can make short work of the HT and its occupants.

Attacking as Axis is also challanging but enjoyable with a sufficent tasks to occupy the smg and rifle soldiers. Bundling into the ridge line trench in the HT with just a bolt is what this map is all about :)

Upvote 0
This is a simply superb map! The layout is interesting. The texture work is great. The 'authenticity' feels pretty good. The variety of cover for an infantryman is fantastic. Every few metres there is something different to hide behind ( like Basovka or Koenigsplatz). The balance and fun factor is extremely high. This is the map I've been looking to test my DP28 on!

Very well done. You deserve a medal. Please keep it up!

By the way, have you produced any other maps?

Upvote 0
Screenshots, click image:

One of the nicest maps i played recently.

In german side every class has its own mission in it and team success usually relies on every member of the team. If there is a lot of players on map then the fight is very specific to every map location - there another tactics for in biuiding attacks, or when rushing the ridge, and another when you try to grab the last buildings.

I really love it, MG is totally destructive weapon on this map - well placed can turn germans troops into a massacre. Supporting flanking assault gunners can nicley divide and destroy german troops, if they do not have a well coordinanted attack. Total desctruction can provide literally one SMG in the front spawn barn on top - once i wiped the whole team twice before they noticed i am there ;D

The only flaw I see is the first and last town limits constrained by the wooden or concrete hedge - you could put more garbage there for 'natural' map constraints - otherwise playe must run very long trip to get further.
Also open space on sides say there is something there - but there is nothing useful, too bad. I guess the hedge issue should be fixed, cause then map gets very unnatural in those places

Upvote 0
I like this map because it is difficult and requires teamwork. A few observations that I think would improve gameplay. Which may already be done my internet has been down for a week so i havent gotten to play much.
I think that on the first Russian defense point it should just be trenches and to remove the roof from the bunker making a german assault a bit easier.
put some more cover between the buildings and the Russians hill.

Upvote 0
This is by far one of the best custom maps. The only thing I ask you to consider, if you haven't already is to rethink the spawns. Currently, if the Allies are defending an objective and suddenly the Axis takes it from them... you are left with Allies in the Axis' new spawn. Sometimes players on the Allies don't realize that killing the Axis team in those areas that they were just defending are now suddenly spawn killing.

Upvote 0
This is by far one of the best custom maps. The only thing I ask you to consider, if you haven't already is to rethink the spawns. Currently, if the Allies are defending an objective and suddenly the Axis takes it from them... you are left with Allies in the Axis' new spawn. Sometimes players on the Allies don't realize that killing the Axis team in those areas that they were just defending are now suddenly spawn killing.

That usually sorts by itself after 5 seconds... ;)

Upvote 0
This is a great map, one of the best customs around. I love how the axis have to use the halftrack effectively to win. I just played a two round in this map, the first time axis used the halftrack to transport one person (the driver) and then just abandon it, they did not even cap the first objective. The next round they used the halftrack properly and nearly got the last objective.

Upvote 0