• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Player Update!

DeV

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
header.jpg

Long time no update, but we think the following pics were worth waiting for.

We are proud to present you our Romanian Infantry model.

The model is shown with full field gear. The bread bag, canteen, gas mask pouch, entrenching tool along with the bayonet and the ammo pouches. To keep up with the high realism standards of Red Orchestra, we provide shoulder patches for every rank. Enough with the talk already, here are the pictures!

Face Competition:
Also don't forget about our Face Competition, which is still running! Carpathian Crosses is still hosting a contest for all of the Red Orchestra players out there! Our playermodels will require different faces and we want yours! There's a total of 15 slots available which can be filled up by you, the people. See our previous newspost for more information on the contest.

Big thanks to Andrei for the excellent player model that I textured as well as responding to my criticisms regarding the historical accuracy of the piece. As you can see, this Romanian infantryman is wearing the standard M1940/1 summer tunic with wool trousers and basic infantry field gear (and an M31 canteen supplied by the Germans!).

He also has the early leather gaiters with low boots that were eventually replaced by wool putees (although both were used throughout the war).

Upvote 0
I reckon that there will some difficulties with IFF to start with whilst people get the hang of the unis but, given the actual similarities are based on true data, that is probably quite realistic.

Not so difficult when we have Russian Naval infantry in their distinctive black unis with stripey T-shirts. 'The Black Death' FTW!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0