• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looking for good sniper game

Don't think you'll find too many games where waiting is a huge part of the tactics.

In Sniper elite you have to keep your head down at certain points and come up blazing - plus the bullet time double head-shots are pretty bloody cool

*edit* on the other hand, some of the stuff in it is truly ****e and very poorly thought out - e.g. you can kill tanks by shooting their petrol caps off and all elite soldiers carry and hip MG42's like they were PPSh's.

A deeply flawed classic is the best description of this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have owned Sniper Elite and I generally think that it blowed.

It's great that I have to adjust for wind and gravity, i loved that aspect, but the rest of the game kinda ****ed. The German and Russian AI had weird super-powers and it was generally impossible to hide after you had been spotted by a lone german, after that all the germans knew where you were. Also the arcade like bonuses of quad headshot 1337 kill etc. flattened the atmosphere. I hated it that every time I shot someone in the head I had to watch that bullet animation.

Then BLOWING UP TANKS WITH 1 BULLET! W-****en-TF! Blowing up the fuel canister in the T-34's side doesn't always blow the damn thing up! And after that you'd get "sn33ky killz bonuz!"

I would like to see Sniper Elite remade with better mapping, improved AI and less unrealistic stuff that make a joke out of the realistic sniping heaven.

Don't buy it...

I'm serious, buy operation flashpoint!

You still considering?

Good.

kthxbai

Upvote 0
a realistic sniper game these days, that would be somewaht boring i guess, sorry, lol.

drop off by heli or plane near enemy lines in a thermic (night fall), screw up for a few hours, start gliding over enemy teritory for a few hours (past midnight), land at a hopefully save hill (dawn), scout the area till (noon), report alive, advance to another position till (night fall), report alive, scout the area for targets, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, (dawn), report alive, switch position.

oh, or did we talk about sharpshooters?

Upvote 0