• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give your friend a "Guest Pass" for chirstmas

spraduke

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
wiltshire
www.spraduke.co.uk
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=871&cc=--

Got that friend who wont buy RO without trying it. Did they miss the free weekend well this looks like it will be a good alternative to the free weekend.

As I understand it you will be able to nominate a steam user account and for a "limited time" (assumed 2-3 days) for them to play the game without any cost. Obviously if they enjoy the game theyre then going to have to purchase their own copy but its still a way to get players through the door.

Who ever invented Steam needs a pat on the back! Its so flexable, easy, fast, convinient, simpe, safe, etc etc etc

That is just what SkyNet wants you to think :D
STEAM IS EVIL !!!!
Because of that DAMN Steam, I found out about THIS RO Addiction :'(

On a serious note.
I love steam... its great

But I will never forget how HATED it was when it first came out.
Everyone freaking out
Tossing roumers left and right about it scanning you're hard drive for MP3's and movies...
Lots of bugs
Complaints about it drinking a bit of ram...

Hell, people even said CS1.6 ****ed next to 1.5 just because 1.6 ran thru steam...

Now steam is glorious... who knows, maybe we will one day think that BF2142 Adds are glorious too
:rolleyes:
=> ya right......

(Sorry for the blabering)

On topic, I do think steam is great.
and I really like the idea of nominating a user for a RO Trial

Upvote 0
i like this idea, it would stop down the overflow op asshats coming in with the only intend to TK and ruin the game for everyone else.
since you get to nominate someone, you only will nominate the people who care enough to play right, and everyone will have a lot more fun, goes too for the people trying out the game.
i dont hold a grudge to new people and free weekends, but against the people coming in just to be an ass.

Upvote 0
The problem with steam is that it's run by Valve. Valve happens to be a competitor to most game companies. This greatly reduces the amout of companies going through steam because of the idea of giving the enemy money.

If steam branched off as a seperate company, then it would be so much better. :/
Maybe better to give the "enemy" money than lose tons of it to piracy. Steam prevents piracy so you don't have one chowderhead buying a game then burning 9million copies for all his friends.

Upvote 0
Ever since I started adding more games to my library, I've really started to see how good of a gaming program it really is.

Every game should be through Steam!!!! :D:D:D:D:eek::cool:

That, my friend, is happening. Everything from Call of Duty to Sid Meiers Civilization III AND IV to Medieval II Total War to Racing Simulator games.

What more can you ask for?

Upvote 0