• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Class / Bleeding / Bandaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise is this has been brought up before and if this gets a big *sigh* :)

But i feel that most games like this can benefit from a medic class.

And I'm not talking about a small pack, that a player pushes on another and the downed player is instanlty healed, thats just crazy.....

But if bleeding was added, and the Medic could stop the bleeding and MAYBE, just maybe, add 10-15% worth of health back, whereas the consequence for continual bleeding lowers health to 10%. this could be done by the medic class having bandages and morphine, maybe have them use them in order. Obviously they can't be fully non-combatant or nobody will ever play it, so at least a pistol as a starter would be good, because they can always choose to pick up a dead players weapon.

In the case where there are no people willing to play medics, players should have 1 bandage each maybe, that slows the bleeding so it only lowers health to a min of 25% etc.

What do you all think?

Wolves. :)

As I have said a gazillionbagillionfagillion times now:

If people had only the very slightest idea of how wounds, and especially their treatment work in real life, they would not want medics in a game that regards itself as "realistic".

Medics as seen in games (like BF, AA, ArmA, OFP) are ranging at the "UT2k4 Redeemer Weapon" level of realism.

Upvote 0
Thank you, I feel educated, I take it all back, and no offence to project.rattus, but I've done extensive medical work, on my way to paramedicine, and I'm aware of how ballistics work, and GSWs, and the level of treatment they involve.

But point taken with the fact there was no medics over there then, I didn't know that, so thank you. :)

Wolves. :)

P.S. admins, you can close this thread now, I'm all for realism, and if they weren't there, then this thread is done. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Only thing which should be added is bleeding, but not wound treatment. Small wounds bleed less than bigger wounds. You could still fight until you are bleed to death or to get back to your capzone to get new respawn. When wounded to leg your movement should be decreased depending level of wound and when wounded to arms your aim should be wobbling more depending level of wound. Bleeding should be increasing if you run or move much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.