• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Cheats" over the free weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accused of cheating by no less than 4 freeweekenders on Arad. I was in a angled Panther and all of their shots bounced off. For about 10 minutes. I just kept on killing them and they kept on driving straight back to where they were killed last time screaming down the mics that I was a cheater.

good times

Upvote 0
Yes yes, I need to explain again that cheats do not exist for RO. I get really angry when that happens. I was team killed so many times this weekend but I explaned how to play to the new comers. We had problems on Sniper Group server when a person would join and keep cursing in chat and throwing greanades at spawn. There was no admin so he kept rejoining.

Upvote 0
Goes to show you free weekends are worth crap and just upset the regular players, please stop this practice.

This practice have rendered Tripwire 4 new customers from our team alone and it will probably be 3-4 more that buys it cause of this "free wekend" that you see as worthless. Take you time and try to educate the newcommers, and see it as an oportunity to get more players into the game instead of see every free period as a nuisance and something to be "upset" about.

Upvote 0
Well even if they did annoy me and other regulars,I wouldnt like them to cease to exist as its the only tryout RO offers.
I bought RO cause I tried the public beta and got hooked,but some people are a bit sceptic(and they should be as RO is not to everyones liking),so until TW spits out a demo of some sorts,free weekends are the best way to go...

Upvote 0
This sure is stupid elitism. :confused: New players will grow to be regular players, but I hope not like you. Everyone is a rookie first and there always are some bad apples in big bunch of people.
Indeed! And what the hell anyways? 3 trial days every 4/5/6 months or something a year ain't a big deal at all...

Upvote 0
It not elitism it stupid, the server I frequent had american idiots who jumped on our servers with there free game and tked over and over again cause they thought we were british. A) I am a friggen aussie and B) I don't need that crap.

We lost two potential players who had ethics and couldn't be bothered with what they saw. You cannot educate Griefers and all it achieved in our small community in OZ was for regular players getting upset.

So grow a brain, it stupid and I hope not to see another free weekend ever again.

Upvote 0
This sure is stupid elitism.:confused: New players will grow to be regular players, but I hope not like you. Everyone is a rookie first and there always are some bad apples in big bunch of people.

I agree, that attitude doesn't help at all, the biggest problem I had on the servers this weekend were the people calling others noobs constantly, telling them to leave. If I was trying this game for the first time and just kept seeing this I would determine that the community was filled with children and delete the game. It was sad.

On another note, I have seen a few people bring up that someone is cheating, one person in particular constantly brings it up. I asked him to prove it or not say it, and then it's silence ;) When I am told I am cheating I do find it to be a compliment, "was that last shot so good that most people have to cheat to do it?, thanks!", but in the end it's disrespectful to people to call them cheaters if there is no proof.

Upvote 0
I actually got banned for "cheating" during the free weekend.

Half of the server kept saying I am a cheater since 3\4 of the opponent side came almost everytime from the same place and I was already waiting with PPSh.

And due that constant amount of whining someone called the server admin (I guess one of those who tested the game knew admin of that server) and then I noticed I got banana with very fast mail delivery.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.