• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Cheats" over the free weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw many people using clipping for less-then-honest gameplay. But admins were contacted and justice thrust upon them.

You mean like someone's foot poking through a wall and shooting them that way? That's no fault of the player, that's a problem with the game engine. On the other hand, if it's someone using that to, themselves, aim through the wall such that they cannot be hit but can hit others, that I have a BIG problem with.

I do wish taht clipping issue would be addressed, though.

Upvote 0
I didn't experience any cheating in the trial period, but lots of retards from CS. Like they're jumpin' around in QC and stuff... Oh yeah and guys shooting guns out of others hands... there was this guy stealing pretty much any full-auto weapon he seen. I asked him nicely to stop. Then i TK'd him becouse he didn't. Then he was trying to take my STG. I repeatedly yelled at him through VOIP to make him stop. He didn't stop. That was the last drop. I was running around for a while trying to avoid losing my weapon and get hurt, but then i was like WTF DIE ASSHOLE and shot him in the face. Got kicked for TK. Irony anyone?

Upvote 0
If you've got a real goober in RO, contact the server admin. Press F2 and it should have all that info in it. RO admins are typically a good crowd that don't want asshats ruining everyone elses game. It ****s for the time being, sure, but when they're gone for good it makes everyone have more fun :)

And, if you just ignore them they get bored and leave anyway :) You can't really climb the static meshes in RO or anything, so there's nothing for them to do but stand around in spawn and be stupid, or run out and get owned by someone actually playing the game.

Upvote 0
No cheating, but a lot of Noobism:

1) Couple times I'd be solo tanking when someone would jump in and drive off. 1 time this guy was driving full speed into a group of enemy tanks yelling at me to Fire and maybe I would have, but he kept turning making it pointless. :D

2) In Arad I was nicely positioned in a little dip in N Field. I was Axis with 3 or 4 Allies closing in and just as I lined up my first target my tank starts to jump around. For 20 seconds my tank is jumping around and getting pushed up into a vulnerable spot. I got killed being out in the open, the gunner of the tank running into me made some comment about Noobs, I laughed.

3) "How do I get into a Tank?"

4) "How do I get to be Gunner?"

5) Full Tank, Noob Driver, Minefield, BOOM!

I'm barely past the Noob stage, so I saw a lot of Me's from a few weeks ago driving around. The Best part of it though is that I had a few rounds where I could find a good spot and sit there completely unnoticed, but at the same time kill Tank after Tank. It was sweet. ;)

Upvote 0
Quite honestly outside the free weekend I rarely saw anybody accusing anybody of cheating. And I never suspected it of anybody (and still don't--it would take a lot for me to be convinced someone was cheating as opposed to really good or lucky). Maybe I was unlucky to have found the "right" servers, but it was certainly more noticeable how often it was said over the weekend. I think the new kids are much more likely to suspect hax in RO than anybody who has played for a while. I played for a little while on 3 of the 4 days and every time at some point or another someone made a comment about cheating. Much of the time it was simple as someone typing "hax" (which could be non-serious, I know), other times it was more earnest and specific accusation. One time there was someone going on and on in VOIP about wall hacks, ESP hacks, aimbots, and no-recoil hacks in RO and how he could spot the no-recoil hacks by watching the guns of the PPSh guys (lol), how he had found over five different hacks for RO and had reported them to devs but was ignored, and this sparked much of the rest of the players to go goo-goo spotting all the cheats the guys on the other team had!

The thing that annoyed me was that it can contribute to an atmosphere of suspicion and deplete respect for the game. I just hope that this did not give the impression to anybody trying the game out that RO is plagued by cheaters. Because it isn't. At least I don't think so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no cheating spoted...

I had only problem that some guy was so crazy about my game style (and my team mates) and still saying us that we are noobish "run and guners"... well tbh I had no idea what he was talking about ... I was just running and shooting other players :) ... and I know that a lot of players do it very same way.... so the truth must be somewhere outside...

Upvote 0
I saw one guy accuse someone of cheating... But he was joking, or at least I hope he was, since the guy he was accusing had a score of 3 whilst there were people with 40+

Also I've seen people accuse Loki-Stuart of hacking but they're just losers, aswell as a couple other guys on the splat server who were accused. Oh, and one time I was accused of it. (I was in the IS2 on konigsplatz camping back with a score of 105, taking out anything and everything opposing me in sight. I 1-shot the enemy tiger driver 3 times from ~500m (Which was verrry hard... I had to look close up to the pixels on the screen to check.) and he said "Hacker" I said "Who?" He said "Always the person who asks" I say "Yeah but I did just kill you 3 times in a row without you standing a chance in hell, and you said it immediately after I killed you"

I personally don't believe there are any hackers in this game, and tbh it's not a very good game for hackers. I can't imagine a rather slow-paced game like this being very fun for a hacker.

Upvote 0
You mean like someone's foot poking through a wall and shooting them that way? That's no fault of the player, that's a problem with the game engine. On the other hand, if it's someone using that to, themselves, aim through the wall such that they cannot be hit but can hit others, that I have a BIG problem with.

I do wish taht clipping issue would be addressed, though.

No, more like sticking one's head into the side of a hill on a certain map to see (and kill) those who cannot see (or kill) you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.