• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

15000 layer photoshop picture

Um well... honestly that's great but that's really just totally pointless IMO. That's ridiculous that he made that, but honestly there's almost nothing artistic about that picture. Lot of skill but not much artistic merit. Well, I'm an abstract artistic so I guess you shouldn't take my word on it :p. But really with all the possibilities of photoshop I'd rather see something that's not possible with paint. Secondly, although he calls it painting I really don't, mainly because you really can't feel the emotion and feeling of a work on a computer screen. Seeing a painting in real life and comparing it to a print out or computer image is completley different. A painting that was done of that same picture would exhibit some feeling and emotion, even as a landscape, the mistakes of the painter adds character. His rendering gives off a feeling of vapid lifelessness. Just an opinion.

Upvote 0
Very impressive!

My ex-wife had a print of a photo-realistic painting of a woman on a screened-in porch, the neighborhood behind her. You could see the effect of the screen everywhere; you could see the fuzz on her socks. He painted the fuzz on her socks.

(I think the woman was supposed to be Kurt Vonnegut's wife, meaning the artist is his son-in-law, but I had a hard time tracking that down.)

Upvote 0
I've seen other, photo quality pics done using Photoshop/Illustrator... and its not about creating a photorealistic scene from scratch because someone hired you to do it, but because you want to challange yourself.

It is an Art, because one has a passion for it, and they strive to better themselves artisticly (even if to some, it may seem a waste of time).

By the sound of it, the image was composed piece by piece, then put all together in one file, so I imagine, it was not as computer intensive as one imagines (though, you probably still need a hell of a rig.... and a damm good backup.. can you imagine working on some fine details for 5 hour's, then bam... your computer crashes... yikes...)

Very impressive though...

Shadehunter

Upvote 0