• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resting Weapons

Hiya guys.
One of the good parts of RO is the need to rest your weapon to be more accurate. I love this part of the game but there is more that can be done.
I don't know if any of the developers have played in but VIETCONG 2 has a great sysem of resting weapons where no matter the hight of the surface the sprite will automatically raise or lower to rest on the appropriate place. this works really well & even lifts the weapon up should an ally walk infront of your line of fire to prevent TKing.
As a guy who's been in the British forces for 20 years i can tell you that this is true to life & the game gets it spot on. I feel this would improve the game alot & give it more of a realistic feel.
Hope this can come more into the game
Keep up the god work guys this is by FAR the best FPS out.
Cheers
Rob

Because sometimes we make a suggestion they like.

I mean, if 99% of the posters here said "I think the MG42 should shoot atomic rockets that blow up the entire map", the devs would ignore it. If they said "The M44 carbine should shoulder slower than the M38 because of the extra weight of its bayonet" (and the thing was operating the same as the M38), they might listen to that.

Upvote 0
I think if the Dev's could figure out a way to make the players character more flexable when it comes to resting your weapon on objects of different heights, I dont think they would have any problem with it.

I know there are a few places on some maps where I felt that I should be able to easily aim and shoot out but I wasn't able to.

Now I have a suggestion on how it could possibely be implemented. On another game, Doom 3 to be precise. If you like looking at the neat details, you might notice that when moving up stairs or standing near a ledge, the characters feet and legs will slightly adjust to the height of the area the character is standing on, without disturbing the rest of the mesh or even changing the animation.

I dont know if its possible in the Unreal engine, but I have no reason to believe that it isn't possible to replicate in some fashon. If RO's models and animations could allow for this we might have a way to allow for more varied heights to rest our weapons on.

What do you think about that idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So do YOU think my suggestion is a valid, realistic, realism idea?
Or am i in the realms of atomic rifle mounted rockets?

I think it is. Sometimes, these devs are like the kid, who falls out of the tree and hits all the branches on the way down.

Somtimes they are 2 bricks shy of a load- other times the wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead.

:p Just kiddin' ya' give them some time!

Upvote 0