• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Early War combined arms level

Roman Elite

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2006
United States
My dream map:

A map similar to Bondarevo. But slightly larger like Arad with lots of expansive wheat fields and fields for good early war tanking. Except the difference here is the tank load out could be like this:

Allies:
(4x) BT-7 (in some future patch hopefully)
(1x) KV-1S
(2X) BA-64 (yes I know clown cars-but! no satchels for infantry here)
(1x) Universal Carrier

Axis
(4x) Panzer III
(1x) Pazer IV F1
(3x) Sdfkz 251 (the apc)
Also for axis I would like to see anti-tank rifles (Pzb38s?) to combat the Soviet tanks as the Soviet team would be using PTRDs.
I think this is a cool formula for a combined arms map.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to see some more early war maps too, heck, I'd like to see more maps period, but thats just me loving the game. :p

I would suggest you have someone move this thread into the mapping/level editing section of the forums, it might be more useful there, you might even give a mapper a good idea for his next map.

Upvote 0
My dream map:

A map similar to Bondarevo. But slightly larger like Arad with lots of expansive wheat fields and fields for good early war tanking. Except the difference here is the tank load out could be like this:

Allies:
(4x) BT-7 (in some future patch hopefully)
(1x) KV-1S
(2X) BA-64 (yes I know clown cars-but! no satchels for infantry here)
(1x) Universal Carrier

Axis
(4x) Panzer III
(1x) Pazer IV F1
(3x) Sdfkz 251 (the apc)
Also for axis I would like to see anti-tank rifles (Pzb38s?) to combat the Soviet tanks as the Soviet team would be using PTRDs.
I think this is a cool formula for a combined arms map.

there is a custom map out there called Berezina beta 4 which is a early war combine arms map. The Germans get Panzer IV F1 I believe while the russians have KV-1 and BT-7 (the BT-7 is a custom and there still working on the tank models and skins so it currently looks like a T-60 but is modelled to act like a BT-7, I believe the model of the BT-7 will come in the final version). But basically this map is what your looking for, atleast for now.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14227

Upvote 0
They didn't have clown cars in 1941.

Soviets had BA-10/11s.They come equipped with a 45mm gun turret(making it capable of holding it's own against Panzer IIs and 38s),coax machine gun and another machine gun mount to the right of the driver.

ba1101wm4.jpg

One interesting fact about this vehicle is that the tracks you see mounted on the side of it are for converting the vehicle into a half track for improved traction in mud and snow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes Berinzina is truly a great but the map I'm thinking of is that both sides are attacking like Arad-only early war. It's always a lot of fun to have armor and infantry working together to win the day.
I was seriously considering the possibilties of T-26s but it seems to be asking for too much at this point. Early war needs more emphasis in RO and I think it has great potential for maps. CC mod :D

Letum you make a good point but for now I prefer seeing balanced maps. Mabye in time....

If any mapper wants to use these ideas, by all means- feel free lol!!! :cool:

Upvote 0