• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mapping Contest Phase I Results

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Mapping Contest Phase I Results

Results of Mapping Contest Phase 1 - "Blitzkrieg"

After much careful deliberation, otherwise known as a lot of hours playing the maps, we are pleased to announce the winners as follows:

In 1st place - Kurland, created by Tooru "Tochiri" Usui who wins an NVidia 7900 GX2 Video Card;

In 2nd Place - Berezina by Mark "Slyk" Dittman who wins a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card;

And in 3rd Place - BlackDayJuly by Tom "Moz" Hall who picks up a Logitech G15 Keyboard and G7 Cordless Laser Mouse.

We were really impressed by the overall high standard of the entries and, as a result, have spent far too much time playing them over the last few weeks! The prizes for the first phase will be distributed shortly.

The competition now moves on to the next phase: "Deep Battle". Given the amount of interest and effort in the next phase, we have decided to move the closing date for entries back to 31st January 2007. The top prize in this phase will be the high-end gaming rig, with more high-quality graphics cards and other great add-ons as further prizes. In this phase we will be looking for the best new maps, as well as giving people the time to substantially enhance maps they have already created so they can get a shot at winning the top prize.

For more information on the contest, including the full rules and the ever-expanding list of prizes, as well as to enter, head for the competition website at: http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.php?categoryid=18.

Good luck! And if you want to win, there is only one way - get in the contest!

Congrats to all winners. Kurland and Berezina are great maps.

It's obvious they would push the date forward. I said it back then when the first phase closed that a lot of people who entered for the 2th phase would bite and break their teeths on the short timeshedule. My prediction turned out right and they pushed it forward. A pity iff would like to know my opion.
They should have realized the timeperiod was to sharp when they decide the date.

Nonetheless I started a new map and in less then 4 weeks it's ready for a release decent looking and fully bothsupported before the 15th of december and they pushed it on to 31 january.

A pity cause it would have been a real challenge to release a decent looking map in this short time. No what's the precise reason for pushing the date ?

Upvote 0
Kurland?

Kurland is an awful level?

:confused:

Congrats to slyk.

And I guess I'm thinking of the wrong level.

edit: Pushing the date back too? Thats lame. Not much of a race if you keep pushing the finish line. :p

edit2: I am seriously confused on which map kurland is. I thought it was that god awful winter map with the trees and that crashed plane.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kurland?

Kurland is an awful level?

:confused:

Congrats to slyk.

And I guess I'm thinking of the wrong level.

edit: Pushing the date back too? Thats lame. Not much of a race if you keep pushing the finish line. :p

edit2: I am seriously confused on which map kurland is. I thought it was that god awful winter map with the trees and that crashed plane.

I think I know what the map you are thinking about is. That map though is not Kurland. If I can remember the name of the map that you mentioned I'll post it.

Edit: The map you were thinking about is called: RO-WinterManor1941

Upvote 0
Congratulations to all the winners of Phase I! :cool:

I'm also a little bit disappointed with the Phase II date being pushed back because I worked very hard to get everything ready for the deadline. Now I feel that all my sleepless nights have been for nothing in a way. I was in the middle of posting the Leningrad Beta4 thread (was going to be the contest entry) when I heard about the new deadline and instead of a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders I now feel that more weight has been added. :(

Upvote 0