• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Connection Failed!

FreeMan

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
I've been getting these messages for the last few weeks when trying to play. Sometimes I get them 5 minutes into the game, other times I'll get them around 15 minutes. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason.

This is a fairly new install, I've deleted the registry blob file as well as the RedOrchestra.ini and User.ini files. I've verifying the data via Steam.

Here is a fresh log file from begining to the error message and me shutting the game down.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
Tried redownloading the system folder but it did not fix my problem. I even deleted RO and redownloaded it again and still the same problem.

I checked my router logs and there is nothing in there indicating any problems.:confused:

Here's the latest RO log. I have not applied any INI tweaks, everything was done from the options menu to avoid conflicts.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
No problems that I can think of. I've got everything running at stock speeds and temps are pretty good. They're actually better now than in the summer time when I had no problems playing OC'd.:confused:

Opteron 148
2GB DDR400
ASRock Dual Sata2
BFG 6800GT

Out of curiousity what does that error mean?

Upvote 0
Have you tried a clean install of steam. Connection failed is usually thrown when RO has trouble accessing steam functions.

He gets them after some minutes of play, doesn't that mean something external is buggering him. Alot of people get disconnection problems with red orchestra. Usually its a router or something on the connection part with the internet thats ****ing it up. Just stating my pov.

Upvote 0
Reinstalled Steam earlier this week and finally found some time to play and it's still happening.

There is nothing in my firewall or the server's firewall logs indicating an issue. As much as I like playing RO I refuse to connect my comp to the net without my router. If this happened when I intially played the game I would possibly consider it but I've been playing since day 1 with no issues until now.

I'm at wits end as this is pretty much the only game I play now. I'd rather not have to go back to CoD2 or BF2 but it's not looking too good.

Upvote 0