• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another question, are you guys making a new game?

I think that it would be a ww2 western front game.

So shermans against tigers etc.

Starting at Normandy etc.

But the only thing what counts for me is an other engine.
I do mean the damage engine. So i want to see flying off turrets etc.

In tankbattles the turrets are the weakest points. In the game
its the strongest point.

Sherman VS Tiger...

lol... I think the PTRD realistically has better chances of disabling a tiger....

Freaking crap shermans... the Tiger round would go THRU the entire Sherman tank... hell... I bet the king tiger shot can go thru a few shermans...

Upvote 0
We are making a new game on Unreal Engine 3. We have not announced what it is to the public yet. We will probably make that announcement at GDC or E3.

Before you even start, buy yourself a copy of Company of Heroes, take a leaf out of those game designers. Even the bots are intelligent and learn, not like the ones in Red Orchestra who attack a tank with a pistol!

Upvote 0
Well I mean, the tanks are not really realistic are they, in RO game they will not even drive through a wooden fence or knock a small tree down. The game designers left a lot of real detail out in my opinion in RO.

The choice of not having destroyable fences is kind of a trade-off, really. Imagine that every fence and tree on something like Bondarevo was a destroyable mesh. That means that the server would have to continuously be telling 32 people the condition of 100-some fences and several hundred trees (just guesses at figures here). That is a helluva lot of server lag coming up (OK, I know I exaggerate slightly how it does it but the point is that there would be waaaay too many network relevant actors).

That is not the fault of TW, nor is it especially the fault of Unreal Engine, which, generally speaking, has the least laggy performance of any fps engine due to its net-code. It just is that way.

Upvote 0
You have gone to the furthest extreme when I was merely referring to the fact that if tanks in a game were to be realistic, then it should be able to drive through a wooden fence, brick wall, knock over a tree, or even drive through a house. This facility is available in other games, so why not make RO more realistic, never mind about the trade off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Next game should be usa vs japan that would be great game. Time to get the greatest power of all time in this game USA. :)

Lmao?

At the time, America was not the strongest nation...they used some pretty outdated tactics, and the tanks, etc. were pretty crappy. The one thing the US had going for it was the assembly line (other nations did not adopt this yet) which let the US crank out lots of equipment really really fast...But still, the US was not the strongest nation at the time. Germany and argueably Russia were a lot stronger..

and the US is not even close to being the most powerful nation as all time. I'd say there were quite a couple that were more powerful, such as Rome (for its time).

Albeit the US is the most powerful nation in the present-day

Upvote 0
and the US is not even close to being the most powerful nation as all time. I'd say there were quite a couple that were more powerful, such as Rome (for its time).

O RLY? Did Rome have a presence in every corner of the globe? Could Rome project its power and enforce its will anywhere on the planet in a matter of days? Did the economy of the entire world depend on Rome? Could Rome defeat every other power on Earth... combined?
I didn't think so.

Upvote 0
O RLY? Did Rome have a presence in every corner of the globe? Could Rome project its power and enforce its will anywhere on the planet in a matter of days? Did the economy of the entire world depend on Rome? Could Rome defeat every other power on Earth... combined?
I didn't think so.

A little bit of hyberbole perhaps? Honestly, American economic hegemony is being increasingly contested by China and the EU (though the EU is still has alot of kinks to work out). If China ever went off the US dollar standard, our economy would be totally screwed. True we can 'project' our power anywhere at anytime, thanks to the wonder of carrier fleets, but 'enforcing' is an entirley different matter.

As for defeating any power on Earth combined, you sir, live in a dream world. We can barely keep Iraq and Afghanistan under control, war with China would be disasterous, etc. Not to mention we would be absolutely economically isolated, when we already have the largest trade deficit in the world, and its growing.

And in WWII, we were NOT the most powerful country, Russia was, and Germany, honestly, never had the manpower or resources to achieve any of its expansionist aims. The only sphere of influence where America was superior was naval, and even that was in question until the defeat of the Japanese at Midway.

So lets turn down the jingoism. Alienating friends and making enemies is what the Reich did, its not what we should do.

Upvote 0