• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

sniper rifle scope suggestion

I like. It'd be nice to extend this to regular rifles...they had range adjustments too :cool:

i would like this for EVRY weapon ... but i already can hear the "omg, i cant hit anything, thats to realistic" people screaming :D

its anyway a schock why no one bashed the thread starter so far for open a topic that has been discusses already AND for a feature that is for realism :eek:

i love this community!:p

Upvote 0
Did the guns have range adjustment or range modes? The only rifle I've been firing had two modes, setting the range to 250m or 400m (where you acctually had to aim _below_ the target if it was within the set range). Anyway, I would love to see this on the STG44. That would truly make it into the

Upvote 0
PPsH and MP40 had fixed sights, so no adjustments needed there...

Yes, makes sense for Rifles and MG, StG too.

Biggest annoyance for me is simple that at the required compensation angle, you can often NOT see your target in the scope anymore because you are actually putting the vertical center line over it.

It would also make sniping (and rifling) in general more "scientific", less of a gut-feeling thing, which I'd like.

Upvote 0
The scopes may not have been that complex, actually. Do a little research on the Russian PU and PE scopes and the German sniper rifle scopes. They may have had adjustable magnification, but the crosshairs may have been fixed (which would necessarily affect your ability to adjust for distance).

Upvote 0
"Both the PU and PE scopes were issued from the 1930's through world war and remained in use postwar. The front and rear iron sights of this rifle are not removed when the telescope is attatched and these sights may still be used with the PU scope at ranges up to 2000 meters (2200 yards). The PU scope is 3.5 power fixed, with a 4 degree field of view at 30 feet, a 2.8 inch eye relief, is 6.59 inches long and adds 0.59 pounds to the weight of the rifle. A thumbscrew for lateral corrections (windage, drift and lead) is located on the left side of the scope. It has a thumbscrew on the top of the scope for setting angles of elevation. The elevation thumbscrew has 13 graduations, each one for 100 meters, allowing the PU scope to be dialed in anywhere from 100 to 1300 meters (110-1420 yards) for accuracy."

http://www.thedarkpaladin.com/russiansnipers.htm

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of how to make the scope cross hairs smaller so when you are scoped on a enemy across map thay are not obscured by the thick cross hairs?

As the original posted said when aiming long range you must account for bullet drop and raise the gun which thus obscures your target.

Anyhelp on how to reduce the thickness of the crosshairs would be great.
Like this thick ---------

Thanks

Upvote 0
Any way to reduce the thickness of the crosshairs to solve the obstructed view by aiming long distance. Say a prone sniper at 400m.

Hard to hit what you can't see.

yes, its on barashka a pain with the german scope, cause the scope crosshair is thicker then the russian ones. And if the target is to far away, you really have a problem to hit it as your target gets blocked by the whole crosshair.

I think anyway, that the scope we have in game should get a much higher zoom, as usualy this distance is even close enough for a rifle men. Snipers should be able to engange targets accuratly usualy on 800m and sometimes even up to 2000.

Upvote 0
I think anyway, that the scope we have in game should get a much higher zoom, as usualy this distance is even close enough for a rifle men. Snipers should be able to engange targets accuratly usualy on 800m and sometimes even up to 2000.

I think the zoom is somewhat as it was in real scopes of that made/kind.

And most certainly you can not or could not engage target to 2000 metres with ordinary rifle cartridges.

800 metres is already huge range to 7,62x54R and 7,92x57 cartridges. Possible but not that effective. Say about 600-700 metres is the longest effective distance for those catridges/rifles.

To 2000 metres you would need a Barret rifle (that would be in trouble also on those distances) and there wasn

Upvote 0
I think the zoom is somewhat as it was in real scopes of that made/kind.

And most certainly you can not or could not engage target to 2000 metres with ordinary rifle cartridges.

800 metres is already huge range to 7,62x54R and 7,92x57 cartridges. Possible but not that effective. Say about 600-700 metres is the longest effective distance for those catridges/rifles.

To 2000 metres you would need a Barret rifle (that would be in trouble also on those distances) and there wasn

Upvote 0