• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Realistic Armor Mutator - Armored Beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
while the 88mm can hit ANYTHING on a T34 to kill it. The T34 now
the 88mm L/56 is 3x as powerfull as the russian 85mm. If a tiger engages 3 T34 that penetrate him with every shot, he can kill 2 of them before he dies...Today 04:53 AM

Very realistic the 88mm L56 could kill most tanks in 1 shot in real life especially lightly armored T-34's (only 45mm or armor). The 85mm was alot lower velocity and weaker than the 88mm L56 and the Tiger I's armor was very thick. The IS-2 is the only tank which should stand a chance against the Tiger from the front.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
People tend to forget the T34 is not some damn super tank because it has sloped armor. A piece of sloped cast steel armor 45mm thick means nothing against a 88mm APCBC round.

I blame call of duty/the media for putting the idea that the T-34/85 is a super indestructable tank in people's heads.:D

sander said:
Great mutator, maybe you can contact TW, maybe they want to use it in a new patch?
OMG!!! that would be awesome!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tJi_UXyHzMQ&mode=related&search

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are SO not listening. The 3x more powerfull did not refer to penetration, it refered to how many hits you need to destroy a tank. So either the 88mm shell of the Tiger carries >50kg of explosives, or the T34 is full of fuel and TNT, or the 85mm shell carries no explosives at all...

I think neither of this is true, so why does the T34 need 4 penetrating shots to kill a heavy tank when you hit the engine (-> fuel tanks there) or even the side below the turret (where the ammo is)? Again: shots that penetrate, not shots that glance off.

And you said the panther is more "medium" now, well, if you dont face him perfectly frontally, you will again have the super-armor on the panther that was on the T34 before, too.
I don't say I want the T34 to take more hits or to deflect more, but why does the panther on ranges where it should be penetrated? And why don't I have to aim even a bit with my tiger? I can hit a road wheel and nothing else and the T34 blows up.

Hell, you can even kill them with HE rounds :D

Upvote 0
Keep in mind 2 things.
1.This is only the first version. There are still things that need to be worked out. RO's tank system is a pain in the ass to get working realistically.
2. You have your right to an opinion, but that doesn't mean I care. You obviously have no idea how to make a mutator.

I think neither of this is true, so why does the T34 need 4 penetrating shots to kill a heavy tank when you hit the engine or even the side below the turret (where the ammo is)? Again: shots that penetrate, not shots that glance off.
RO does not model fuel tanks, so quit aiming for the engine. Start learning how to aim for the ammo storage. A shot that penetrates and hits nothing vital only takes the tanks hit points away. Tiger, Panther and IS-2 have 1000 hit points. The 85mm does 400 on penetration. That is why it takes 3 shots. So, start aiming for the ammo storage. That's what I do and it works wonders.

And you said the panther is more "medium" now, well, if you dont face him perfectly frontally, you will again have the super-armor on the panther that was on the T34 before, too.
Because the Panther is superior to the T34 in armor and fire power. Don't expect an 85mm shell to penetrate the FH 80mm front plate of a Panther at some obscure angle. RO's penetration system depends on alot of variables. 1 is the angle the shell hits at.

I don't say I want the T34 to take more hits or to deflect more, but why does the panther on ranges where it should be penetrated? And why don't I have to aim even a bit with my tiger? I can hit a road wheel and nothing else and the T34 blows up.
Because this mutator is still a work in progress. Do you know why an IS-2 kills a PzIV in 1 shot regardless of where you aim? That's why. A Tiger only needed 1 shot to knock out a T34.

Upvote 0
I blame call of duty/the media for putting the idea that the T-34/85 is a super indestructable tank in people's heads.:D

Must say, LOL. I think no one is thinking that T-34 is "a super indestructable tank".

But i blame german propaganda and some games for putting the idea(to your head perhaps?:rolleyes: ) that Tigers etc. are the 1337 aw3s0m3 super tanks. But as you guys arent listening, start flaming, boys.[may contain traces of not-seriousness]

Btw. where did the reload times come from?("semi auto"?) Some tanks had the system where the spent shell just ejects to the floor when the gun was fired. And yes, i've been inside a real T-34 and seen the ejection system in action.(altough F-34 didnt have semi-auto breech lock)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw. where did the reload times come from?("semi auto"?) Many tanks had the system where the spent shell just ejects to the floor when the breech was opened. And yes, i've been inside a real T-34 and seen the ejection system in action.

Reload Times??? semi-auto??

If the ready racks were implemented, we'd have much faster reload times...

Yes, the ejected shells dropped to the deck and were manually disposed of. And?

Upvote 0
Reload Times??? semi-auto??

If the ready racks were implemented, we'd have much faster reload times...

Yes, the ejected shells dropped to the deck and were manually disposed of. And?
Semi-auto in the sense of that the gun itself ejects etc. Well, whatever, wrong word for that occasion.

"The main gun was a semi-automatic 75 mm Rheinmetall KwK 42 (L/70)" Panther

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i like some changes but it seems like it was made by someone who thinks that the tiger was a invulnerable wondertank.

It wasnt one of the most feared german tanks for nothing you know, as the game is, most people wont go near the tiger... its slow(correct), the turret takes about 3 weeks to traverse(correct), and it can be killed frontally by most soviet tanks(wrong).

I saw a program where british tankers in normandy were so paranoid of tigers that they shot at anything that even resembled a tiger.. even some poor guys toolshed.

Upvote 0
I would only say that the reload times for the Tiger should be a bit longer, maybe 10 seconds. True it would be very quick from the nearest ammo store but once you run out of that the onces at the bottem of the tank will take alot longer to reload.

Also please make sure your modelling the tiger on the emperical data and not what you think the tiger should act like. Lets not forget the tank crew which was highly trained would have played a very important role in the tigers life span and how we view it today. Keeping in mind I havent looked at the numbers you added yet, just a general warning.

Upvote 0
The problem is realistic numbers do not translate in an realistic outcome.
So setting FrontArmorFactor to its real value will make it possible that the tank can be penetrated at ranges that were impossible in reality.
Do not assume that 12 or whatever means 120 mm Tiger armor. That is not entirely correct, because there is nothing like BHN ... in the game. So basicly if you set the Fronarmor of the T34 to 6 would be the same as is if you set the Frontarmor of the PzIII to 6, ignoring that the armor was different in BHN etc. (I'm not talking about the different slope here)
Just a general answer.

Upvote 0
I would only say that the reload times for the Tiger should be a bit longer, maybe 10 seconds. True it would be very quick from the nearest ammo store but once you run out of that the onces at the bottem of the tank will take alot longer to reload.

Also please make sure your modelling the tiger on the emperical data and not what you think the tiger should act like. Lets not forget the tank crew which was highly trained would have played a very important role in the tigers life span and how we view it today. Keeping in mind I havent looked at the numbers you added yet, just a general warning.

The ready racks are capable of holding enough rounds to make and keep loading faster and the crewman responsible for the racks would keep the racks filled and at the ready so there would be NO slowdowns.

Please, can we stop angling to hobble the Tiger? It was an awesome Tank... you cannot remove that fact.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.