• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survival.

Gotte

Nov 9, 2006
Played three whole games of Snowy forest without getting shot (well, got shot on the forth.
I was playing it stealthily, must have got, I don't know, 10 kills, flanking, saved a few of my teamates, too, from some flanking enemy.
I know I won;t get high up any ladders that way, but it kept me happy.

What's the longest you've gone without being killed?

I'm not really sure. I generally don't live very long. The longest has probably been on Berezina. A russian defending the trenches can live quite a while if you keep changing positions and know when to duck tank and MG fire. I've surprised myself a few times on maps like Krasnyi or Stalingrad by living much longer than an aggressive rifleman should. Then there are all the times I'm shot before I ever get to the real combat zone.

I can't really guess at times. Most times a 20 minute round is over in what feels like ten minutes because I'm so engrossed in the action.

Upvote 0
Played three whole games of Snowy forest without getting shot (well, got shot on the forth.
I was playing it stealthily, must have got, I don't know, 10 kills, flanking, saved a few of my teamates, too, from some flanking enemy.
I know I won;t get high up any ladders that way, but it kept me happy.

What's the longest you've gone without being killed?

I normally rush, so in a full game I normally never last longer than 5 or 6 minutes, but I make an imapct so that keeps me happy.

Upvote 0
1 round of basovka as russian defending after killing a german sniper and stealing his Kar98 scoped.
Covering the ammo bunker ? the second cap for germans... moving from covering the right trenches to the left trenches.
They never managed to get that cap... and I killed PLENTY :p

But thats nothing special...

I once survived about 10 minutes as russian in odessa...
Rushing and getting lucky
taking a sniper rifle on the floor... no ammo
Kill 3 people with the 5 bullets...
Run around headquarters (already capped)(use scope to scan area for ennemy)(totally unarmed)
Find MG34 user, get behind him and bash his headoff
Kill HIS friendlies that were in front of him

Then I got killed from behind as I was deployed with his MG34

I usually die A LOT because I ALWAYS rush into the capzones ASAP.
If I find a sniper rifle... I will be carful...

Upvote 0
Taking a gun that's not yours, has a huge psychological effect. Esspecially when it's better. I try my VERY hardest to stay alive for the rest of the round, even if just pick a TT33, man I lvoe those. Man I love them more than an American loved Lugers. I even go to great lengths to get a TT33. Even crawl into MG fire to get it. The other day, I was on a custom map, I got a TT33 and killed a Russian sniper with it and stayed alive for the whole round. The next round I got another TT33 and a another Mosin, and everything went well, until ambushed the chruch. The Russians put up quite a fight, haveing sharpshooters, Mgs in the hedgerows, and a uch more competant sniper. I died. A lot. The highway was avoided by the whole team because of the danger of being pick off. It's was like the causeway to Carentan, a liveing hell-hole.

Also, when reineforcements are depleted, the entire team trys to live with all their might. It's these things that make me love this game.

That reminds me of a time where I desperately tried to stay alive after reinforcements were depleted and I had a melee fight with a kraut. I was so desperate, I got nervous and didn't concentrate and he stabbed me, ending the game.

Upvote 0