• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Riga Docks

Thankyou - weird thing regarding screenshots - I have 3 computers in the house all with different makes of monitor - the main one uses an Iiyama 19" and for screenshots I use the global settings in Adobe Photoshop without adjustments - come down to the study comp and check the posted screenshots & they look completely different - different tones & colours etc.

Lruce

Upvote 0
Thankyou - weird thing regarding screenshots - I have 3 computers in the house all with different makes of monitor - the main one uses an Iiyama 19" and for screenshots I use the global settings in Adobe Photoshop without adjustments - come down to the study comp and check the posted screenshots & they look completely different - different tones & colours etc.

Lruce

I have two monitors hooked up to my comp, I just assumed the newer monitor's color was more correct and adjusted the older secondary one (which looked 'yellowed') in my Graphics settings to match it. Of course that is easier when side by side. The screenshots of Riga Docks look good to me on both.

(just a comment to others, as I am sure you knew this already....)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey man, cool looking map. :) urban maps are the best.
A few things i noticed looking trough the "high-def" shots someone posted:
Some brick walls look paper thin and theres little to none exterior and interior pillars to support roof and actually hold buildings up.
Also, and i dont know if its just my personal preference, but some textures are too bright. They stick out a bit and look out of place and flat. example: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.murphy5/The Pallet Yard.jpg <- wall to the right.
Also, alot of the textures are grainy. I know its a ***** to get that stuff right (sharpness in textures without them looking grainy)
Could just be my personal preference tho ;)
Again, cool looking map!

Upvote 0