• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Narva17March

My shots of the Tiger a slightly different as B2 has a different skin, the first one produced by laughing terror was awesome, and I am sure when he see the new one I hope he will understand, it just a pity I can't have both on there.

This skin was given to me by a guy from German Soldiers clan and I could not refuse to put it on, I just love it to death. I would go as far to say it is the best skin of any the tanks out there currently including every tripwire one.

Upvote 0
My shots of the Tiger a slightly different as B2 has a different skin, the first one produced by laughing terror was awesome, and I am sure when he see the new one I hope he will understand, it just a pity I can't have both on there.

This skin was given to me by a guy from German Soldiers clan and I could not refuse to put it on, I just love it to death. I would go as far to say it is the best skin of any the tanks out there currently including every tripwire one.

thanks, it's my first tank skin... :D

GS_Schimpf gave me your order and details of Tiger 217​

Upvote 0
Friday Mike, not a lot changed visually besides a few annonying bugs, but a fair few gameplay changes, plus the _tankversion or _fiction version

I need a name to seperate the tankversion and the historical one, if anyone can come up with one would be appreciated. I bit like snowyforest and snowyforest_tactical.

------------------

Your kidding me its you first tank skin, you must be a graphic artist or something. Cause I think you capture a well worn and used tank brillantly.

Upvote 0
Friday Mike, not a lot changed visually besides a few annonying bugs, but a fair few gameplay changes, plus the _tankversion or _fiction version

I need a name to seperate the tankversion and the historical one, if anyone can come up with one would be appreciated. I bit like snowyforest and snowyforest_tactical.

------------------

Your kidding me its you first tank skin, you must be a graphic artist or something. Cause I think you capture a well worn and used tank brillantly.

Narva-17March_Hist_B2
Narva-17March_Armor_B2

Upvote 0
1st Battalion 151 Regiment, 61 Infantry Division

But there forces were not even a battaltion each of the strong points had about 30-50men guarding it.

I have reflected the chage from the SS fall uniforms to Great Coats, as I originally thought it was the Estonian SS division, but that was at a much later date.

Upvote 0
1st Battalion 151 Regiment, 61 Infantry Division

But there forces were not even a battaltion each of the strong points had about 30-50men guarding it.

I have reflected the chage from the SS fall uniforms to Great Coats, as I originally thought it was the Estonian SS division, but that was at a much later date.
I thought that only the SS panzergrenadier divisions Nordland, Nederland and that Estonian SS division (dont know the name at the moment) were defending Narva?

Upvote 0
I've just played it again but this time as infantry. I really like the detail, especially the house with all his small shooting spots and such, really a lot detail there. For me it is the best CA map, the tanks really needs the infantry and vice versa. I was in ruin B as a german soldier with 3 T34's around us. We really needed the Tiger to help us. Here are some suggestions:

-change the classes a lot, almost all the infantry had MG's and there were too much german tankers.

-Most people liked it with one tiger vs the rest, don't make the map with more tanks.

-more APC's for the germans, they dont respawn often so you'll have to wait long or have to walk 5 minutes

-The farm is very hard to get for the Russians, maybe you can do something about it?

-Someone said that they had a lot of lag when they looked south

-People asked for artillery support

I also found this text, is this about this battle?

The Nordland's Panzer Abteilung, named Hermann von Salza, and commanded by SS-Obersturmbannf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stick to your original vision. In my opinion, two versions only serve to water down the entire effect. This community, like so many others, is overwhelmed by multiple versions of the same map: day/night, tank/infanty, some tanks/all tanks, etc.

You created a unique scenario. If you want to do a more full tank loadout, why not build a new map using part of this one or extending the field. If you are happy with making two versions or modifying your original vision, fine, but I think you should compromise yourself as little as possible to make the map YOU want.

Upvote 0
Slyk, you're right to a point.... Thus, the historically accurate version of the map.

With all due respect, that point being what we experienced over the weekend. We have this map in rotation... its well planned and laid out. but with ONLY ONE GERMAN TANK (admittedly on steroids)... and a relatively full server regrettably, our Admins saw plenty of hard feelings and people begin to do things to grab the Tiger away from whomever was in it that they normally would not do.

There comes a time when many server/player situations must be brought into consideration. And as a result of those considerations, ViViD has promised us two styles of this map. I commend his ability to see the serious problems we experienced repeatedly. The solution is, thankfully, at hand.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your feedback, but there is very much two distinct camps with what people want and there is no line to draw in the middle for it. :eek:

I going to make two styles, then it be up to people to vote with their feet, and admins to vote with their map choice

---------------------------------

Mike: I do not believe the Tiger is on 'Steriods' I believe the Tripwire version is incorrect, I have sources of both russian and German, that the frontal armour of the Tiger could not be penetrated even at point blank with a 76mm round, and only within 100 yards with the very very rare tungsten rounds.

It is funny my maps generate such controversy with the style Kuzernki was very much the same :)

--------------------------------------

Lag! South being towards the railway line? which is strange as there is a very long antiportal, I haven't noticed this yet but would like more info. Also other people testing it with me have not noticed it, so more info would be great.

The team makes historical maps regardless of game aspects, BUT, if a person wants to put a tank only version on there server then I will accomodate it. Rather then see a modified copy floating about.

and no I am not remaking the whole thing again, my main project is the historical side (Which is why the team is set up) and tank version is the poor cousin and only gets a little attention, but if I didn't see merit in having a tank version I would not spend the effort. I think it would make a good tank map for tankers.

After this battle the SS divisions moved in and replaced the 61st ID so the battles that is refering to is later including Operation Stratwitz which was over similar bit of land but on the russian side of the train line.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your feedback, but there is very much two distinct camps with what people want and there is no line to draw in the middle for it. :eek:

I going to make two styles, then it be up to people to vote with their feet, and admins to vote with their map choice

---------------------------------

Thank you again.

Mike: I do not believe the Tiger is on 'Steroids' I believe the Tripwire version is incorrect, I have sources of both Russian and German, that the frontal Armour of the Tiger could not be penetrated even at point blank with a 76mm round, and only within 100 yards with the very very rare tungsten rounds.

Whoa, that was meant to be in a humorous vein, :) since Sichartshofen is taking so much ridiculous static over his mutator, I meant nothing derogatory. In fact, I agree with you and have been waiting forever for rack loading, (pre-loaded racks of shells), which would speed up reloads in the tanks appreciably. At this time, they're abominably slow.

It is funny my maps generate such controversy with the style Kuzernki was very much the same :)

Probably because you and your team of mappers along with their concepts and layouts of the maps are truly playable and absolutely player friendly. You have our full support.

Lag! South being towards the railway line? which is strange as there is a very long anti-portal, I haven't noticed this yet but would like more info. Also other people testing it with me have not noticed it, so more info would be great.

That's not lag.... its the the Russian Tanks binding against the crates used to allow the troops to get on the tanks and ride. The trick is to go straight in either forward or reverse until you are clear of the crates and then... make your turn(s).

The team makes historical maps regardless of game aspects, BUT, if a person wants to put a tank only version on there server then I will accommodate it. Rather then see a modified copy floating about.

ViViD... I commend you and your team for understanding. You see, there was a developer in our past that insisted on making a game HIS way... well, needless to say, that developer lost thousands of us. Just ask Grant Collier or Vince Zampella.

I cannot begin to thank you enough for listening to our plight and providing an excellent solution.

and no I am not remaking the whole thing again, my main project is the historical side (Which is why the team is set up) and tank version is the poor cousin and only gets a little attention, but if I didn't see merit in having a tank version I would not spend the effort. I think it would make a good tank map for tankers.

I know many tankers that will readily agree with you. All we want for the tanker maps is a genuine "Combined Arms" battle Front. Narva is just the ticket for a massive CA conflagration.

After this battle the SS divisions moved in and replaced the 61st ID so the battles that is referring to is later including Operation Stratwitz which was over similar bit of land but on the Russian side of the train line.

Which proves your point that you have thoroughly researched the facts behind this map. Of course, we all saw that with your last map.. Kuzernki.

Upvote 0