• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The small things you want to see next!

The small things you want to see next!

• Loading Bar

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • New main menu screen

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • Informative loading screens

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • Louder vehicles

Votes: 97 61.0%
  • Hand signals

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Improved tracer effect

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • More gore

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • Enhanced weapon sounds

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Improved explosion effect

Votes: 49 30.8%

• Total voters

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
I know we see threads asking for quite large changes, some that would change the entire game-play of RO. While others would be virtually impossible to add altogether!!

But what about the little things?

For me it would be a loading bar and/or individual map info, ie historical background or game-play tips while you wait :)

Please feel free to add your own 'little' things, if I (miraculously :p) forgot summink!!

Last edited:
- Loading bar, so you know if the map is actually loading instead of waiting 10 minutes to find out the game froze.

- Louder vehicle sounds. No more of these ninja tanks. You should be able to hear a T34 coming 500 meters away.

- Replace G43 fire sound with something that has more bang. Even the old G43 sound from 3.2 would be fine.

- G41 should be able to attach bayonet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I chose more gore, but because I have the German version I would be satisfied even with standard gore ^^

Loading screen info about the actual map or some general hints like in the good old mod would be cool, too.

Another small thing: better sounds for small bursts while firing that doesnt sound so much chopped off.
More voice comms (e.g. ''Achtung! Feind linke Flanke/Feind von links!'')
Voice comms which are not orders only in local channel like the voices you hear from enemies.
A little bit more falling distance without crippling yourself.
Stronger supression effects.
Sounds from grenades.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Excelent topic! And you beat me too it! I was just going to make a topic like this! LOL, good job D3terioNation!!

Along with ALL the other stuff thats allready been mensioned, I would like to see the old PPSh/PPD reloading animations from the mod brought back or remade. I dont think the current animation has nearly as much energy or looks nearly as cool and the old mod animation.

Upvote 0
I wanted to list stuff which, IMO, are not difficult to implement!

Makes perfect sence, but I just figured that the old PPSh/PPD would be easier to bring forth than a brand new animation because they can allways go back to the old mod and pull it out and touch it up, instead of start from scratch.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was only the textures and sounds from the mod that were illegal for Tripwire to reuse in the full game.)

Upvote 0
I want to see mortars, preferably small portable ones like the German 50 mm mortar; and heavy machine guns and larger mortars in prepared positions.

What I really want though is the incorporation of the main weapon of the infantry: the entrenching tool. It would be so nice to be able to dig in every once in a while. :)

Upvote 0
Definately louder tanks... my mitsubishi eclipse is louder than the tanks in the game lol.

I would like to see a nicer main menu with some music... and hand signals would be outstanding.

Im glad to see louder engines sounds is winning! It just show how important it is to most of us!!

I find it propostrous that I can 'sneak up' on prone snipers & mg'ers & easily crush them beneath my wheels!! I also find it quite satisfying but thats not for here...

I suggest a progressive vibration (or rumble if you will) or just shaking of the screen, which forewarns the player of his impending flattening!! :cool:

Again not too much to ask for! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0