• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Leningrad [Beta 3]

[TW]DrGuppy

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Nov 22, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
gupleningradpreview3oe7.jpg

"Wipe the city of Petersburg off the face of the Earth... The defeat of the Soviet Union leaves no room for the continued existence of that large urban area." - Adolf Hitler

Download Link: Map Orchestra,
Thanks to JAKL for this .uz2 file link.

RO-Leningrad_Beta3
by DrGuppy
[Suggested Players] 16 - 32
[Bot Support] Yes

Date of Release:
November 27, 2006.
Please direct all feedback to me by Private Message (preferred) or to [email protected]

Change Log Beta 2 - Beta 3:

- Replaced Allied Komandir Grenades with Smoke Grenades.
- Axis tanks no longer respawn, same as Allied tanks now (Total possible tanks: German 8, Russian 4).
- Moved a few artillery spots that were too close to spawn exits.
- Added sewer access to the Searchlight Building.
- Changed Sewer from Static Mesh (which I spent some time making, silly me) to BSP.
- Continued work on cull distances.
- Fixed various terrain glitches/places you cound get stuck/etc.
- Changed Ambient Sounds.
- Added 1 KV1 for the last objective.
- Minimap updated to show Destroyable Barricades and Sewers.
- Added bot support, WIP still but they should be able to cap/defend all objectives.
- Added Russian Sniper Class (M91/30 scoped, no grenades or pistol).
- Removed all ladders from the map. So long you buggy heathens!
- Made quite a few doors larger.
- Fixed resting heights on virtually all windows.
- Added explanation to the F7 screen (where you choose a side) telling people that tanks are limited for each objective.
- Moved/Deleted some objects because bots are stupid.
- Changed some spawn protection volume sizes to fix a few problems they were causing.
- Added P38 pistol option to German MGer and German Tanker classes.
- Removed 1 PT Soldier class slot.
- Added Physics Volume to the Fontanka River so it acts more like ice.
- Tweaked the interior and exterior lighting.
- Continued to combine building static meshes for optimization.
- Removed TT33 pistol from Allied Komandir loadout.
- Fixed all bathtubs so you can no longer get stuck in them.

Known Issues:

- German mortar fire works perfectly for the first round but the triggers do not reset after the first round for some reason. This does not effect gameplay. (still can't figure this one out)
- Bot tanks have a really hard time getting through the barricades. If you see a stuck tanker bot do the right thing people: TK him and steal his tank.
- Tanks do not have Welts custom snow skins because I haven't been able to get them working yet. Why must it be so hard. :(

-------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who posted bugs or yelled at me in-game to fix things. Now is the time to post any final bugs you can spot because the contest deadline is just over two weeks away! Good luck to all the mappers entering. :cool:

Please continue to give me feedback in this thread.

Last edited:
you will understand once youve played it ;),

Played it today and had much fun.

A few opinions/comments

I personaly find the cap speed to be excruciatingly slow. Especialy on such a huge map where people get lost/distracted. I would suggest increaseing the speed by 20% or so.

The sewer exit before the bridge head is extremely buggy to get out of. The large bricks make you get stuck and the terrain seems to steep resulting in diving to prone to get out.

Upvote 0
Great map DrGuppy - thanks!

One question: is this map based on a real location in Leningrad or is fictional? I guess it must be somewhere along the Neva - but where?

It's an exact scale duplicate of a real avenue in Leningrad, accurate to the millimeter (basically). The trolley cars are copies of the real ones.

Also, the snow is white, just like in the real city!

Maps like Leningrad put the "real" in "realism."

Upvote 0
It's an exact scale duplicate of a real avenue in Leningrad, accurate to the millimeter (basically). The trolley cars are copies of the real ones.

I have to agree.... the detail paid to the interior of the buildings (furnishings, plumbing, appliances, electrical apparatus and fixtures) is phenomenal. Dr. Guppy has truly set some fine examples in this mapping effort.

Yes indeed, the snow is white just like in the real City. :)

Upvote 0

Hey, no need to make fun of me - it was just a question. And by the way - snow is often blue at night! ;)

blue-night-snow.jpg_thumb.jpg

White snow is so unrealistic!

EDIT:
Ups! I just discovered that there are actually street names on the map ...and the frozen water is not the Neva!

This is the place:

mapleningradsh5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0