• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TeamKillers !!!

Yesterday, he had a guy join the server JUST to ask how to Vote Kick someone. He was having a problem with a TKer on a different server and no one knew how to Kick the guy

This is really a problem that the devs have to fix. In the heat of battle you can't expect people to press ESC, Game Controls, Vote Kicking, and then scroll up/down to find the TKers name, and then finally add your vote to kick him. This is simply too much unnecessary work for players especially when you have to get some crazy amount like 75% of the server to do this to the same guy. Even if by a miracle you all votekick him he can rejoin in seconds and you have to go through the process all over again. I would really like to see an improvement to this system or it will continue to have no effect on TKers.

Upvote 0
This is really a problem that the devs have to fix. In the heat of battle you can't expect people to press ESC, Game Controls, Vote Kicking, and then scroll up/down to find the TKers name, and then finally add your vote to kick him. This is simply too much unnecessary work for players especially when you have to get some crazy amount like 75% of the server to do this to the same guy. Even if by a miracle you all votekick him he can rejoin in seconds and you have to go through the process all over again. I would really like to see an improvement to this system or it will continue to have no effect on TKers.

There needs to be shortcut key for kick voting menu. Isn't there rejoining time out for that same server after kick?

Upvote 0
I don't really see the point in vote kicking. By the time enough people vote to kick the TKer, the auto-kick will probably have been triggered. (And if you're playing on a server without an auto-kick for team killers, then you have to expect this sort of thing and should probably play somewhere else if you don't like TKers.) Even if you can get enough people organized to kick someone, he can just come right back in and start TKing all over again. If his goal is to be disruptive, he's already succeeded. If he didn't respond to the inevitable complaints and abuse he's not going to be deterred by getting vote kicked. The unfortunate truth is that in the absence of a server admin, if someone wants to be an ass and go on a TK spree just to ruin it for everyone else there's not much that can be done about it other A) ignore him, try to avoid him and wait for him to get bored and go away; or B) to go to another server.

Upvote 0
why dont we get a complaint system, because there are lots of accidental tks, and its really annoying getting kicked after playing for 1 hour or so, just because you accidentaly tked 1 person per map...

This same thing happened me yesterday. I was doing fine and was third in point lists, though there was too many times friendlies between my line of fire when shooting enemies. Last straw to my TK count was when some idiot just run past me through door into room full of enemies while I was shooting them, he wasn't even looking where I was firing or checking that room. I simply didn't have chance to see him, becouse I was trying to suppress enemies. I got kicked from that game, gladly.

Amount of autokick TK's per map can be changed. I guess default is three, it prevents delibrated team killing just fine. I think vote kicking is enough complaining system, you can allways complaing with chat or contact server admin.

There should be somekind of forgive system, if you know you were playing stupid you could forgive who team killed you. Few times when I have been playing stupid, like running in somebodys line of fire when they are firing, I have apologized myself, but it doesn't help lowering their TK count.

Upvote 0
I think every server should have the autokick feature with weighted types of kills this should always be on. Is there not a way to share ban lists accurately among good servers with great admins? Servers that gather info and evidence to support their bans. I am going to look further if there is not a way to share this. Mike_Nomad I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Upvote 0
Being the commander in maps like Basovka is stressful, mostly because of accidental team kills with the arty. If the russians hold the trench well, you have to use the trench radio to call arty between the bunker and trench. If you succeed in calling that arty and stopping the enemies from getting back to the trench, the germans often cap quickly. With the trench captured, the germans will move forward and the commander is kicked for teamkills. How would you fix this?

Upvote 0
Being the commander in maps like Basovka is stressful, mostly because of accidental team kills with the arty. If the russians hold the trench well, you have to use the trench radio to call arty between the bunker and trench. If you succeed in calling that arty and stopping the enemies from getting back to the trench, the germans often cap quickly. With the trench captured, the germans will move forward and the commander is kicked for teamkills. How would you fix this?

Easy like described I believe on the first page the auto kick can be set with certain weights for certain types of kills simply set arty kills to .10 or .05. Being killed by arty is avoidable if you are aware enough. I it is still the leaders fault if he sets a bad drop but being TK'ed by arty is plausible as far as realism goes. I would vote for the lower weights in this category because that is why most people dont want to take leader especially in a full server, they wont be able to get back if they get booted.

Upvote 0
I have absolutely no problem with "accidental" TK's but this outright killing in the spawn crap I'm fed up with. If it was up to me I'd put the word out that this behaviour WILL NOT be tolerated and when it happens, your banned, period. No appeals, nothing. If you outright teamkill, your immediatly removed. Take some responsibility cause if you act like a child, you'll be treated like a child. Sorry my ass, wtf are you doing even firing your weapon in the spawn?

Unfortunatly until I'm running my own server I'll just have to cope.:(

Upvote 0
IMPORTANT WARNING

Apologise when you kill a friendly.
I am sick and tired of getting killed by someone, and the person not typing Sorry...
(Exceptions are if the TK was neutral... such as throwing a nade, me missing it, rushing the bad guy and getting killed like this... then its not really his fault, it was a valid nade... or something along those lines.)

A few days ago, in Danzig... some newb sniper sniped me twice... no apology...

The 2 times, I rushed east bridge, take out the german in the appartment on the right, deploy my mg to clear out the street... make it german free...

BANG, Sniped by friendly...
He is lucky I did not find it... I would have TKED him with a bayo or a bash.

So from now on... if someone tk's me twice by accident and does not apologise for both of the tk's...
I will find him and kill him.

Upvote 0
My take on the appologies is that if it was just plain dumb like in this case with the sniper or an obvious aimed shot that got you then that is dumb and should be appologized for, Sometimes I am a little trigger happy going around corners and accidentally give a friendly a burst when I am expecting to see the enemy. For all of those I would appologize.

But for the times when people walk into nades I am throwing or cross in front of my MG when I am trying to cover your A$$ then dont expect a sorry, I wouldn't. On top of that dont run right in front of vehicles you will get no sorry there either tanks are hard to stop and I didnt intentionally run over you. You wont see me typing anything so listen on your VOIP!

So appologize when it is clearly your fault should be the order of the day.
The rest should be chalked up to "$hit happens"

Upvote 0
Poweraid... I saw him do it in my server too, and he was booted after his second one.

All a server needs is a good admin, I suppose.

Barring that, a 3 bullet TK limit, or 6 nades, and 12 arty kills auto kicks people on my server.

You need 3 points, so

Bullet kill = 1 point

Explosive Kill = .5 points

Arty Kill = .25 Points

Quoted for emphasis. It really just comes down to your admin.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiousity are we allowed to post names here of TKers we run into. The TKer who just shoots everyone or nades the spawn. Yesterday on two different servers these *&%@#! jerks spawn with 4 or 5 more of us drops a nade and just starts spraying. You were lucky if you even moved and if ya did get a chance to run, they ran you down and killed you.I'd love to be able to post there names here if that is allowed.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiousity are we allowed to post names here of TKers we run into. The TKer who just shoots everyone or nades the spawn. Yesterday on two different servers these *&%@#! jerks spawn with 4 or 5 more of us drops a nade and just starts spraying. You were lucky if you even moved and if ya did get a chance to run, they ran you down and killed you.I'd love to be able to post there names here if that is allowed.

I dont think a$$hats have rights in this regard by all means post away.

Upvote 0