• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strange Ro preformance

gunho

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
For some reason Red Orchestra is about the same fps from Very low to MAX. Im capping around 41 fps and av about 20 fps. it getting quite anoying as the fps is getting to low affecting the gameplay. An ideas to why I get the same speed with low and Max?

My computer:

P4 D 3ghz
1 GB RAM
7800GS

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Last edited:
I wish I could help ya pal but I'm trying to figure this too and I think my rig is much weaker than yours and yet , well.........

AMD Sempron 1.8 gig hrtz (excuse if that abr. is wrong)
1 gig memory
80 gig hard drive
ATI Radeon 9550

RO is the only game I have installed and have 88% free space. I have no AA and no AF, all settings on high with weather effects off. My resolution is 1280 x 1024 @ 75hrtz. With these settings I cap at 50 and average 30 fps. After a lot of playing around and tweaking this seems to be my optimum. Funny thing is, even if I turn down my resolution, I get no increase in performance and the screen actually looks worse. I'm not much of a wiz when it comes to computers so at this point I'm at a loss. But now I'm thinking considering my specs, it might be pretty friggen good. Either way I too am now stumped?:)

Upvote 0
gunho, your probably aware of the tweak guide but anyways, in there after reading a little I found that weather effects used resources and I felt I really wouldn't miss it that much if it improved fps and it did a little. Good luck and I'll keep an eye out to see if I can help you any further.:) BTW, it was mentioned to me that 1.5 GB ram may help though I cannot confirm that. It does seem you should be running better though with your current specs. Also interesting is last night I was in practice mode fiddling with the sniper scope and noticed on Oddessa with 7 bots a side I was only getting 15 fps. (for what its worth)

Last edited:
Upvote 0