• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

There are still servers running on the 4.04m patch. Make sure you get Pacific Fighters, too. It updates the graphics and adds many more maps and planes.

Wait, is Pacific Fighters a seperate game? Or an addon pack? I thought it was a seperate game entirely :/ So if I install Pac Fighters it'll improve the graphics in IL2?

Upvote 0
Wait, is Pacific Fighters a seperate game? Or an addon pack? I thought it was a seperate game entirely :/ So if I install Pac Fighters it'll improve the graphics in IL2?
You can install it either as an addon to IL2 Forgotten Battles + Aces Expansion pack or just stand-alone. Its recommended that you install it with IL2FB + AE, though.

Upvote 0
haha, i dled the base game (minus all expansions) an im playing some of the early missions with a stuka, every time i bank hard the thing drops like a stone and i cant get out of the stall even from 5000 feet. which is really odd, bcause every time i got in a stall in another flight sim like the microsoft 04 flight sim, just nose down, speed up, pull out... what am i doing wrong ?

Upvote 0

im thinking about going up to a geeforce 7600-7800 seeing as their about 100 bucks apeice nowadays...

Do it!! Your computer will thank you.

In australia 7600gs are about $250, 7600gt are $300-350 and 7800gt are about $400, 7900 are still going for about $450-500 (AUS$). Last week I checked my favorite comp store and a ATI X1900 XT (pretty much top of the line) was retailing for $921. New games are about $80-100, and Xbox 360 games are $120 (holy crap, dont Micro$ make enough money already?), Im sure we get ripped off in this country... RO was a bargain at AUS$33.

/end rant:mad::D

Sorry a LITTLE off-topic

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you playing just PF or did you do the merge install to FB+AEP+PF?

Also, what version are you using, patched to the latest?
I think it's 4.04...

The AP in FP got changed somehow so it blacks out when you engage it while using time compression (which is what you'd do I figure, using the SP only to shorten those long flight times).
In the previous titles it would just speed up the game leaving everything visible.

If you do the merged install, it will stay this old-skool way.

Dunno if they didn't change it in PF standalone with a patch, though, since I always play merged (obviously, since the merged and unmerged are not compatible to each other).

I think I have my keys set up so that 'T' is time compress, which blacks out the screen, and "A" is auto pilot which simply pilots your plane along the mission route, but doesnt black out anything. You have to manually compress time to x2,x4,x8 etc. I dont play online tho because I can never find a server and the versions never match. It may be different in online missions.

Upvote 0
Huh? 46 is available? Where? :eek:
Here.

dsc00419xp0.jpg

Upvote 0
The box is pretty. Wish the RO box was like it.
Oh yes, it is.
There's like a slipping cardbord relief map hull for the ordinary movie DVD-like plastic case.
Not that practical (since you have to remove it before you can open the case) but very pretty indeed.
I also like the rather decently-coloured design.

The case includes no manual whatsoever, but there's more than enough PDFs on the discs.

Upvote 0