• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TeamKillers !!!

Is it me... or are there more teamkillers these days ?

a month ago... I almost NEVER saw tkers...

The past week... I have seen a tker once every 2 days...

And the worst part of it is all the latest time, kick voting is disabled.

Here is my idea.

A sticky thread called teamkillers... or a thread that gets bumped once in a while.

Whenever you see a teamkiller... a real pain in the ass...
Take down his ID

Consol => listplayers (I think)

Post his ID in this thread.
(obviously, I should have posted one now, but I just thaught of it right now as I got out of the server)

Server admins might like to take the ID and add them to the ban list... (as long as it is backed up with proof such as screenshots or whatever...

Is it me... or are there more teamkillers these days ?

a month ago... I almost NEVER saw tkers...

The past week... I have seen a tker once every 2 days...

And the worst part of it is all the latest time, kick voting is disabled.

Here is my idea.

A sticky thread called teamkillers... or a thread that gets bumped once in a while.

Whenever you see a teamkiller... a real pain in the ass...
Take down his ID

Consol => listplayers (I think)

Post his ID in this thread.
(obviously, I should have posted one now, but I just thaught of it right now as I got out of the server)

Server admins might like to take the ID and add them to the ban list... (as long as it is backed up with proof such as screenshots or whatever...

good in theory but I wouldnt trust people to be objective. For some reason alot of people just lose it if they get tked even if its only and accident and was the first time. So I wouldnt trust people to be posting just the worst offenders. I could see them posting alot of people that werent bad. Or someone joins and gets killed by arty several times and decides to post here.

Upvote 0
never disable friendly fire. that just makes it stupid and fake. Just make sure you play on servers that have a auto kick for tk. I prefer servers that have a session ban. that way they get kicked and cant join again untill the next map. The only problem with that is people that run into the teams artiy just because they are flat out dumb. Artiliery is easy to avoid but most people dont pay any attention and they run right into it.

A server with a session ban after 5 tks is as good as it gets short of a active admin. Posting the global id would be abused. even with screenshots or whatever people would say oh this guy is hacking hes a tker whatever and they could photoshop a screenshot to make it look like whatever they want.

Upvote 0
Very true... I did think of it... about inocent people risking to get banned...

I created the thread after getting out... and I guess I just gone thru bad luck.

2 days ago... some dude named powerade... funny thing is... I played with him once... he was playing normal

another day I saw him in the server... TK galore... I ask him why he is doing that, that I played with him previously and he was alright... he replies "Got bored"

Today... some dude named credit

Both servers had vote kick disabled...

Why do server disable vote kick ? last time I checked... it was already hard enough to votekick a tker because 1 third of the people are either lazy, or on the other team or dont know how...

Upvote 0
Poweraid... I saw him do it in my server too, and he was booted after his second one.

All a server needs is a good admin, I suppose.

Barring that, a 3 bullet TK limit, or 6 nades, and 12 arty kills auto kicks people on my server.

You need 3 points, so

Bullet kill = 1 point

Explosive Kill = .5 points

Arty Kill = .25 Points

Upvote 0
i resorted to tking on spartakova today in an uttterly pissed off state, there was an mg glitching and killing guys in an alleyway close to spawn who was almost impossible to kill and their sniper were sniping into our spawn. so after throwing a nade at the mger and having him tell me " haha, that bounced off my head!". on top of that we had noobi peeps on our team (4 people on our team had a score more then 10, 4 people on the german team had a score less then 10) and everyone was switching to german teams because they dident like loosing. so it was 12-13 ish versus 18 ...

i switch teams and ran till i found our sniper named "right nut of doom" i hollered " i got your left nut for you here" as i dropped a nade right inhis face, stepped back, watched him jump up to get away and being blown away.. next i went to the mger and hollered over voip " hey you, mger up there on the ledge, bounce this off your head!!" (as i threw a perfectly cooked nade) blowin him and a friend of his up ... (i got kicked for tking at that point)

edit: and thats the first time ive ever deliberatly tked in ro : o...

Upvote 0
And thats the first time I've ever deliberatly tked in ro.

And thats the only type of teamkill I'll ever support. Good job Colt, I bet you made quite a few players on the Soviet team happy.

Also, snakedude24's suggestion of point values for different types of teamkills, I think that idea would be a proper solution, though I would give an artillery kill a .10 instead.

Upvote 0
Field Expedient Solution

Field Expedient Solution

I've found that if you just ignore them, get the Hell out of the spawn quickly, and don't make a fuss about it, they usually just leave and go to another server.

It seems these guys get a boner not from the easy kill itself, but rather the VOIP and chat firestorm that they like to stir up.

Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they piss you off, and don't waste time trying to kill them for vengeance in the spawn. Get out there and kill some Russians!

Upvote 0
I've found that if you just ignore them, get the Hell out of the spawn quickly, and don't make a fuss about it, they usually just leave and go to another server.

It seems these guys get a boner not from the easy kill itself, but rather the VOIP and chat firestorm that they like to stir up.

Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that they piss you off, and don't waste time trying to kill them for vengeance in the spawn. Get out there and kill some Russians!

Well thats the conundrum here, we all know they feed on attention, but then again, we dont like letting them destroy the fun for others unchallenged, so what is one to do..

But the list of offenders idea i dangerous, as many have noted, we all get the occational accidental TK, and therefor, we could all end on the list.. and just having your name on such a thing would mean many people would assume you where a smacktard.

Upvote 0
the only times i remember being deliberately teamkilled the TK'er would kill you and inmediately leave the server.
one problem with auto kick is that when i play like 5 hours on the same server it is normal to commit 1 or 2 accidental teamkills but when some idot decides to start teamkilling everyone at spawn you kill him and get temp banned...

Upvote 0
i resorted to tking on spartakova today in an uttterly pissed off state, there was an mg glitching and killing guys in an alleyway close to spawn who was almost impossible to kill and their sniper were sniping into our spawn. so after throwing a nade at the mger and having him tell me " haha, that bounced off my head!". on top of that we had noobi peeps on our team (4 people on our team had a score more then 10, 4 people on the german team had a score less then 10) and everyone was switching to german teams because they dident like loosing. so it was 12-13 ish versus 18 ...

i switch teams and ran till i found our sniper named "right nut of doom" i hollered " i got your left nut for you here" as i dropped a nade right inhis face, stepped back, watched him jump up to get away and being blown away.. next i went to the mger and hollered over voip " hey you, mger up there on the ledge, bounce this off your head!!" (as i threw a perfectly cooked nade) blowin him and a friend of his up ... (i got kicked for tking at that point)

edit: and thats the first time ive ever deliberatly tked in ro : o...

LMAO! Very funny story.

Upvote 0
I would prefer to see servers have their settings to kick players with a negative score, say maybe -4. Sure, this will never get the ones that build up their score, then start TKing, but it should be enough of a buffer in case of accidental TKs in the beginnning of the game, and would certainly get rid of those with low negative scores, say for example: -37. It gets kinda' annoying spending so much time casting Kick Votes that almost no one ever follows up on.

Upvote 0
Personally, I've found this to be a real problem at times on a bunch of different servers. The trend I've been noticing is that a tk'er will hang by a spawn area and shoot/kill players as well as destroy vehicles...responses received such as "Aww...I'm just having fun", or I'm just trying to lighten up the game a little." Ridiculous I know, but true. Some tk'ers like this will hang on game after game until voted off.

As with many online games, there is the constant cycle of new people joining, then either loving or hating the game...the latter most likely the obvious candidate for a tk'ing spree as he goes out the door back to whatever games he does enjoy.

Depending upon the server's settings, if a vote is to be called, do at least try to cast one. Because, although "fun" is the concept behind all games, scumbags do exist to ruin it for others...and I can't imagine anything worse for a noob than just stepping into a game, with such depth as this, and have a tk'er frag me every chance I could get to breathe on the field let alone figure out the controls.

Just my thoughts...

Mike

Upvote 0