• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quietus

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
California
This would be a great addition IMO. One of the earliest produced assault guns that could be used in all scenarios (Kursk scenarios especially) from 1942 till 1945. It had HEAT anti tank rounds & HE (giant 122mm howitzer) plus it's looks are hideously "beautiful" if you know what I mean. It's armor penetration was not the greatest but I think it's gun was effective in battering & pummeling hard targets into scrap rather than typical AP high velocity penetration. It'd be a better counter-part to the stug (armor-wise) than the SU76's substantially thinner armor. And here's the best part:http://www.3d-modelmother.com/SU122.htm Some guy already made a stunning 3d model thus eliminating some of the work in implementing it if you (TW) choose to buy it. I know TW probably already has ideas about what (if any) new tanks/vehicles they are going to add but I thought I'd throw this out there as maybe an alternative method to implementing more tanks/vehicles than you could otherwise do.

hahahahahahahaha , your such a noob. do you have any idea as to the poly count of that model? im guessing theres less polys on a whole ro map...

about tank suggestion though, tripwire wants to put tanks ingame , give them time and they will get in there, this tank has already been suggested along with every other Su model tank ever used in ww2...

Upvote 0
hahahahahahahaha , your such a noob. do you have any idea as to the poly count of that model? im guessing theres less polys on a whole ro map...
Well I doubt they have to use it precisely as it exists. Couldn't they just use one of the polygon reducer functions in 3d programs till it's at an acceptable level? Also Danzig has a whole crapload of Static Meshes left and right, 3000 poly truck here, 2000 poly wagon here, another 3600 poly wrecked tank here and it consequently laggs because of that but no one complains about it hardly. If the model is way too complex then fine, but just the idea of adding the SU122 is more important to me anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this tank has already been suggested along with every other Su model tank ever used in ww2...
It's not about suggesting for them to make every WW2 eastern front tank that ever existed to be done. It's (at least for me) about suggesting a tank which can be used in the most widespread fashion and not only restricted to 44 or later maps etc etc. SU122 first saw action in 1942 so that's quite a huge timeframe in which it can be used.

Upvote 0
Based on the fact that the "destroyed" model has shown up in several maps, I wouldn't be surprised if TW is already working on this.

After all the T-60 showed up that way first. Though, I don't recall if the Panzer IV H did, much less the UC.

So who knows?
Yeah I saw that destroyed SU122 SM, but there's so many destroyed vehicle & tank SM's that who knows which are foreshadowings or merely just "deco".

Upvote 0
Based on the fact that the "destroyed" model has shown up in several maps, I wouldn't be surprised if TW is already working on this.

After all the T-60 showed up that way first. Though, I don't recall if the Panzer IV H did, much less the UC.

So who knows?

There are destroyed models of BA series(other than the 64) armored cars too. I wonder if they might get added in the future...

Upvote 0

about tank suggestion though, tripwire wants to put tanks ingame , give them time and they will get in there, this tank has already been suggested along with every other Su model tank ever used in ww2...

um.....you can edit the poly count.

Upvote 0
This would be a great addition IMO. One of the earliest produced assault guns that could be used in all scenarios (Kursk scenarios especially) from 1942 till 1945. It had HEAT anti tank rounds & HE (giant 122mm howitzer) plus it's looks are hideously "beautiful" if you know what I mean. It's armor penetration was not the greatest but I think it's gun was effective in battering & pummeling hard targets

So it was used like artillery much like the PzIV short barrel was in the Afrika Campaign but of course with a more effective blast since it houses a much bigger round. Good suggestion it would be a nice Christmas gift for the russian side although Im curious what were the AP penetration values are for the Su-122?

Upvote 0