• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you Follow orders?

Do you Follow orders?

• Yes, i always follow the orders of a competent commander.

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
First of all, you don't need to be in the "Squad Leader" class to lead.

Secondly, most of the time that I play (on pubs), there is NO LEADER at all. So I normally take command and start trying to coordinate the players. Sometimes people seem to follow along, other times they don't.

I'm of the personal opinion that leaders in this game need to ASK people to do things, not TELL them to do things. It works better IMHO.

Upvote 0
I dont need to be ordered, I'm always trying to be first into a cap zone and I'm checking the map for zones being lost whenever I get a chance. I often go tank commander on maps like Arad and have to constantly spam defend South Village whilst you have many german tanks doing useless stuff like taking 1000m pot shots at an AT rifle.

Upvote 0
If the leader is competent and respects my lack of VOIP, yes. Especially if it's Orel or Black Day, I've had some great commanders. Actually, since I'm a bit more ****y at it, I would be more prone to listen to a good commander as infantry, because everyone needs to be in a good place to support if the plan's going to succeed. And I have less of an idea about where I'm going as infantry.

Upvote 0
Two things I would like to note. The first is that when it comes to pubbing there usually isn't a "leader". What I do is I'll do my own little thing, but if someone calls for help, or calls out that a postion needs to be taken or some sniper or MG needs to be eradicated I'll see if I can help them. If I can't, well, then I can't. Thoguh if my team is really disorganized I usually try to see if I can get them to work together. Sometimes it's as simple as asking guys to stick together, or telling your speciality units(MGs, Snipers) where is is a prime killing field or where they can do the most good.

The second thing is that I personally feel that the Squad Leader's job is not to lead, but to serve. He is the one who has artillery, he is the one who has smoke. He can, in many ways, decide the outcome of a battle. But he also has limited knowledge of the battlefield and really needs to listen to his team. If a bunch of team members are yelling "WE need artillery fire on that south bunker." or some such thing, then PUT THE FRIGGEN ARTILLERY ON THE BUNKER. If six or seven people are saying the same thing, they are probaly right.

Upvote 0
what i find the most funny is when some noob tells me to shut up and stop giving orders .. hehe, do i ever lay into em after that.. which is always followed with them maintaning silence and not trying that stunt again..
Ahahaha..... I had that yesterday. Some moron teamkilled me because I was "being a n00b" - i.e, I kept giving orders even though he was Squad Leader.

Upvote 0