• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSh videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Maus means to say is

"It's possible that they're firing a SUOMI M-31 SMG"

A finnish submachinegun developed in the 20's, was far more accurate than the ppsh and fired a 9mm round as opposed to the Russian 7.62

In regard to recoil it doesn't matter FWIW.

9x19 Para has roughly the same recoil as the 7.62x25.

They are both pistol cartriges after all.

I own two Tokarev pistols in both 7.62mm and 9x19mm and neither one of them feels any different in percieved recoil.

I find it amusing that the folks what say the recoil on the PPSH is correct, have never fired a real gun in their lives.:rolleyes: Those of us that own guns tend to side in the "it's way overdone" camp. That should tell you something.

Do yourselves a favor. Go to a local range somewhere and rent a glock or something. That should help you understand. Better yet, find somebody that owns a Hi-Point 9mm carbine and shoot that for comparison.

People that are recoil shy are so because they have never fired a gun in their lives and have not been trained in holding it properly. And that applies to ALL guns, not just SMGs. I can make any gun "look" like it has a lot of recoil by simply "limp wristing it". And that is a common mistake new shooters make.

Mind you that a soldier knows how to hold it because of his training.
His diet has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:
Some of you ppl make me laugh. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Recoil from a 7.62x25 and 9mm should be similar. The 9mm fires a heavier bullet, but the 7.62 fires at a higher velocity. Both cartridges were developed from the 7.63 Mauser cartridge.

A 7.62x25 is pistol cartidge, but it's the closest thing anybody had to an assault rifle round until the 7.92 Kurz came out. It had a muzzle velocity of 1,600 FPS, as fast as a .357 Mag. It has some recoil in my CZ-52. It's quite managable though. It doesn't kick as hard as my 45.

A 9mm is a 7.65 Luger cartridge necked up to 9mm. It is a pistol round through and through. A muzzle velocity of 1180 FPS with a 124 grain bullet. I don't have a 9mm pistol. So I can't judge the recoil. I have three 9x18 Mak pistols but those are no good for recoil comparison. Since that is a less powerful cartridge.

In the end recoil in the SMGs are exaggerated.

Upvote 0
In regard to recoil it doesn't matter FWIW.

9x19 Para has roughly the same recoil as the 7.62x25.

They are both pistol cartriges after all.

I own two Tokarev pistols in both 7.62mm and 9x19mm and neither one of them feels any different in percieved recoil.

I find it amusing that the folks what say the recoil on the PPSH is correct, have never fired a real gun in their lives.:rolleyes: Those of us that own guns tend to side in the "it's way overdone" camp. That should tell you something.

Do yourselves a favor. Go to a local range somewhere and rent a glock or something. That should help you understand. Better yet, find somebody that owns a Hi-Point 9mm carbine and shoot that for comparison.

People that are recoil shy are so because they have never fired a gun in their lives and have not been trained in holding it properly. And that applies to ALL guns, not just SMGs. I can make any gun "look" like it has a lot of recoil by simply "limp wristing it". And that is a common mistake new shooters make.

Mind you that a soldier knows how to hold it because of his training.
His diet has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:
Some of you ppl make me laugh. :D

Out of curiosity, whats the fastest ROF smg youve ever fired?

Upvote 0
I assume you fired a standard Uzi then...

My friend you may have have fired more weapons then I have, but that doesn't make you a bonified expert on high ROF small arms!

The ppsh fired a more powerful round at 900rpm, so you really need to stop comparing firing off a single round in a pistol, to emptying a papasha!

There are problems with the random recoil, yes. But by no means should the recoil be eliminated to the extent someone like you would be happy with.

I say keep recoil the same, but make the pattern got straight up, so I can use my own skill to control it!

Upvote 0
I assume you fired a standard Uzi then...

My friend you may have have fired more weapons then I have, but that doesn't make you a bonified expert on high ROF small arms!

The ppsh fired a more powerful round at 900rpm, so you really need to stop comparing firing off a single round in a pistol, to emptying a papasha!

There are problems with the random recoil, yes. But by no means should the recoil be eliminated to the extent someone like you would be happy with.

I say keep recoil the same, but make the pattern got straight up, so I can use my own skill to control it!

Have you actually watched the videos linked in this thread?

They speak volumes.

I don't have to be a "bonified expert on high ROF" to know the recoil is overdone in ROOST. Look at the videos. THEY DO NOT LIE.

Are you going to argue that the real life video is wrong and the game has it right? If so, let my give you the business card for my optomitrist.

Upvote 0
Even if they ever reduce the recoil the accuracy is still rather terrible so we will hardly be able to shoot better anyway.

I would not have a problem with that because then the SMGs in the game would emulate the real things.

As is in game now though, Most SMGs and even some rifles (SVT) feel like they are hanging from a bungie chord when you fire them.

It's easy to ignore the problem and say the game is just fine as is. It's not.

Upvote 0
Have you actually watched the videos linked in this thread?

They speak volumes.

I don't have to be a "bonified expert on high ROF" to know the recoil is overdone in ROOST. Look at the videos. THEY DO NOT LIE.

Are you going to argue that the real life video is wrong and the game has it right? If so, let my give you the business card for my optomitrist.

No sir, you need an optometrist! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Let me quote myself agian. This time read it slooowly and caaarefully! Mmmkay? :rolleyes:

I think its quite funny how people post vids of ppsh's in action from a 3rd person perspective, then go on to post first person views of in-game firing!!

LoL!! If you watch players firing the gun in-game, everything looks fine and well when it reality that person is struggling at his computer just to land a single deadly round on his target lol!!

Again im not defending the ppsh in its current state. I just dont word it like i'm foaming from the mouth like you are!

Upvote 0
Watching someone else in game in 3rd person veiw... i dont trust the animation. I just dont get the feeling it updates anywhere near as fast on what animation you see them doing as what they see themself doing. Thats why every now and then you can get shot by someone whos gun dosnt seem to be pointing right at you even though to the player that shot you they were aimed at you. But thats just my guess.

In the videos you can clearly see the recoil isnt pushing the gun to the sky like it does in the game and thats all we really need to show. Just proof that the recoil in the game is too much. I really do wish someone with a real ppsh would do some demos on video and post them somewhere.

Someone should call up one of the few ranges that allow full auto weapons and bug them to video the next person that shows up with a ppsh. =) hehe ok thats just wishful thinking but it would be really neat to see the true kick and spray pattern at say 20 then 50 then 100 feet.

Upvote 0
Let me quote myself agian. This time read it slooowly and caaarefully! Mmmkay? :rolleyes:

Again im not defending the ppsh in its current state. I just dont word it like i'm foaming from the mouth like you are!

Your the one that's foaming at the mouth pal. :rolleyes:

Most of us are in agreement that the recoil is overdone and then you post this:

"I say keep recoil the same, but make the pattern got straight up, so I can use my own skill to control it!"

And your smart-a$$ comments about me not being a ROF expert was uncalled for Mmmkay?

At least my opinion is based on some real world experience and common sense.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.:cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.