• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another question, are you guys making a new game?

I've always wanted to see a good World War I FPS. Not a mod, but a stand-alone game. I just fear it may never happen for the simple fact that most people have a preconceived notion that the entire war was fought in trenches. It was MUCH more dynamic and interesting than most people think. Especially eastern front and late war when blitzkreig tactics were perfected by the Germans. Maybe someday....

Now the other area I would love to see a good FPS is the Cold War. A hypothetical World War III. NATO versus Warsaw Pact. What if President Kennedy declared war against the USSR during the Cuban Missle Crisis in 1961? What if Russia's actions in Afghanistan led to a broader worldwide conflict in the early 1980s? I love these "what ifs" of history. The exact time period would be difficult to decide on, but there's so much potential and as far as I know it's new territory for an FPS.

In the end, it's TW's decision and not ours. I bet whatever they do will be an even bigger success than RO:O. TW has created a dedicated fan base. We're already sold on it and we don't even know what "it" is yet! :D

Completely seconded!!

The usual problem with "what ifs" however, is how to implement the faster developement of weapons and tactics on a real basis... as there's no real data for comparison. OTOH, as long as the boundaries remain on a weapon level not further than the one available at a certain later point (i.e. let's say, game timeline til the 70's with as modern weaponry as in mid 80's maximum or something like that), could kick asses.

But then again, that's nothing that cannot be made in a mod (no matter wether WWI or WWIII), so not really innovative... and I believe they're actually working in something innovative (or at least thinking about it), so probably not even an fps (which is anything but innovative).

Upvote 0
Job Openings!
By Christian Schneider
Published: 09-07-2006
print.gif
Print

Tripwire Interactive is looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals to work on upcoming PC and next generation console projects.

We are looking for people who

Upvote 0
Now the other area I would love to see a good FPS is the Cold War. A hypothetical World War III. NATO versus Warsaw Pact. What if President Kennedy declared war against the USSR during the Cuban Missle Crisis in 1961? What if Russia's actions in Afghanistan led to a broader worldwide conflict in the early 1980s

My personal opinion...
This guy's got one hell of a fantastic idea !!!

I would LOVE to see this !

Upvote 0