• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where's the sniper?

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
I think its time for weapon collision. Pixel sniping peoples shoulders is getting ridiculous.
sniper1it0.jpg

Heh, here's something to make it more amusing: Assuming the scope sits above the gun, and considering that the screenshot has a piece of wall blocking 45% of the scope, the person taking the screenshot is probably half of a helmet with a gun sticking through some rubble =P

That doesn't make the problem any less real and silly, though. It's not just snipers, of course. Seeing someone lean backwards and have half of an elbow, one eye, and maybe some small portion of their rifle sticking around a corner and kill you is a general "WTF" situation.

I don't know how easy/hard it is to implement weapon collision with terrain though... so that getting too close to a wall would force your player to raise his weapon.. hmm. Probably irritating if it hasn't been done. I can see how it'd conflict with resting your weapon somewhat.

Upvote 0
This is obvious shoot and hide tactics used by snipers. He seem to be hiding, reloading or crouched behind wall, are you sure he was shooting while you took this screenshot?

I want to see screenshot where somebody is shooting and only their helmet is showing, can somebody take this kind of screenshot? I guess this needs to be arrranged somehow.

Upvote 0