• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More time?

Quietus

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
California
Just got back from a Danzig round. Why so short round times for most infantry maps? I've disliked this for a while even before Danzig. Every inf map I can think of is always hurry hurry hurry! Rush Rush Rush! Everybody just pile into this chokepoint and die! No time for systematic stalking & progressing. 15 minutes is only enough time to get maybe 2 coordinated attacks in before the time runs out. It seems like everybody is obssessed with mindlessly rushing in cause there's no time to formulate a plan and be slow & methodical about things. Everything is over before you can even begin to get into it and enjoy it! Why not increase the time to maybe 22 or 25 (or more) minutes & bump up the reinforcements on both sides correspondingly? I guess what I'm getting at is why only 15 minutes to take an entire city/area?

Should be increased by a few minutes yes. 25 might be too much for players that dont like the map, if im on a server I generally like and a map comes on i dont like ill generally stick it out but not if its 30mins a pop

Like Black Day July... UGH! If you are against a good Russian defense team and they happen to lose one...it can be over an hour and a half or more to finish out the best of three rounds on the server I play on.
WAAAAAY too long. Some of those long maps should only be played once, one round for the win instead of best of XXX (however many on some servers). For maps like Danzig there should for sure be more time. I don't think many people would worry too much if it was 25 mins or so. Realize...some people will always dislike a map, but the majority will like it, don't keep it short to please the odd disliker, lenthen it to please the majority. (Voting indicates this)
The longer maps would make for better teamplay, tactics, cover etc as someone suggested.
Short 15 min map timers, after about halfway the attacking team realizes they can't win in time and it's impossible to get any coodination, everyone does their own thing till the map is over.

Upvote 0