• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

i just played it on the 24/7 infantry server ... it was max of 12 vs 12 ( the server was full be for this map and i say about 1/2 drop .. so part of it is the D/Ling ) ... played 3 rounds and Germans win each time ... i do not know if it was just my team being really bad or what be it feel like the Germans have a advantage... but ... agine only played it one ( for 3 rounds) so hard to say...

Over all it has the potential to be a great map and I look forward to any updates :)

Upvote 0
feel like the Germans have a advantage... but ... agine only played it one ( for 3 rounds) so hard to say...

I just finished playing it, full server, and best of 5 rounds went to the 5th round and the Allies won. The only problem I see is that the reinforcements are a little low, I think every round one or both sides were out of reinforcements, once over 6 minutes were left.. maybe we were all just running around too much looking at the beautiful map :)

Great job on this, I hope to see more maps like this in the future!

Upvote 0
Would raising the stream bed a little help at all since the bug seems to only happen in the deeper parts?

In my experience the bug is at its worst when the depth changes - particularly the transition from water above knee-depth to water below knee-depth. One of th4e reasons I was happy to move on from Pripyat (apart from having learnt what I needed to about emitters) was players running towards the shore of the swamp then suddenly hopping right out of the water and onto the shore, like they'd trod on a drawing pin or something.

Upvote 0
.... One of th4e reasons I was happy to move on from Pripyat (apart from having learnt what I needed to about emitters) was players running towards the shore of the swamp then suddenly hopping right out of the water and onto the shore, like they'd trod on a drawing pin or something.

Ahh, now I know what that 'hoping' onto shore was when I ran around on Pripyat! :D

Upvote 0
I just finished playing it, full server, and best of 5 rounds went to the 5th round and the Allies won. The only problem I see is that the reinforcements are a little low, I think every round one or both sides were out of reinforcements, once over 6 minutes were left.. maybe we were all just running around too much looking at the beautiful map :)

Great job on this, I hope to see more maps like this in the future!

Choltz, I was on that server with you. It was a great 5 rounds. Beautiful map Flash! You might be interested in how the game play broke down (keep in mind I only played 5 rounds of this map):
  • If the allies rush the mill at the start of the round it seems like the axis have no hope because they get picked off as they leave the bridgehead or the inn. If the axis gain the mill, its not so bad for the allies because of all the buildings between the mill and their spawn.
  • When the axis are down to one objective they get mowed down running from spawn to bridge head - there was an mg setup in the inn (me). Maybe bushes along that rail fence to conceal them?
  • Also, the allies never seem to recover when they are down to their last objective. The axis can dig in too well in the homestead. It makes for a epic nail bitting last stand at the end of the round but I also saw it happen 10 minutes into the round.
Anyway, food for thought.

Upvote 0
  • Also, the allies never seem to recover when they are down to their last objective. The axis can dig in too well in the homestead. It makes for a epic nail bitting last stand at the end of the round but I also saw it happen 10 minutes into the round.

I think the first two rounds the Allies had this problem, once the axis had the Homestead they were able to move towards the allied spawn and cap hiding behind the sandbags while the allies didn't have much cover to get back into the capzone.

However, I do believe that the same would be possible for the Axis, and they run down a hill towards the buildings, out in the open.

Since this map is on my server (the one you were on), and there are only 4 other maps in rotation, I will probably play it a few times tonight and see what happens ;)

Upvote 0
Awesome, thank you guys for the full server feedback. Regarding the final German and Soviet objectives... yeah, these did not quite turn out like I had hoped that they would. I like the gameplay a lot in the middle three, but I will definately try to rethink the last ones, hopefully make it possible to come back from it but still allow the attackers to put pressure on and end the map there.

Germans attacking the mill-- originally there was even less cover, I added a few things to try and make it a little easier, I guess it needs a little more. That mill is supposed to be a sort of central objective, each team should have an equal opportunity of taking it at the beginning.

Reinforcements-- I had picked a number based on earlier tests, but I'll raise it a bit if its running out early.

I did want to say that I've figured out a couple of ways to decrease the mb foot print of the map and increase the performance a bit, so I may add a little bit of detail yet, so any suggests that involve adding stuff, it's definately a possibility.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming.:)

Upvote 0
That mill is supposed to be a sort of central objective, each team should have an equal opportunity of taking it at the beginning.

i was playing tonight on Germans ... and i just fell like the mill did not give us any help... it does not seem to hold to any strategic benefits for the Germans but if the allies get the mail they have great line of sight on the Germans going to the INN..

Upvote 0
i was playing tonight on Germans ... and i just fell like the mill did not give us any help... it does not seem to hold to any strategic benefits for the Germans but if the allies get the mail they have great line of sight on the Germans going to the INN..

Not if one avoids the bridge, jumps the fence and crosses the stream on foot - then enters the Inn through the back door.

Upvote 0
I was playing this last nite, along with davey and choltz, and found a bug in the mill.
Are you aware you can walk through the windows?

After doing it twice, I figured it justified an in-game name change to "David Blaine". :D

Also, you can't shoot out the closed windows, but you can shoot through them if you stand close enough to them.

Upvote 0
Not if one avoids the bridge, jumps the fence and crosses the stream on foot - then enters the Inn through the back door.

thats not the pont ;) .. the pont is that the allies get an advantage out of the mill and the Germans do not... relly now.. how meany ppl do u think really pay the much attention to think to git off the bridge and ues a differnt root .. i saw wave after wave of ppl go on the bridge .. agin and agin... sure some made it but all so a good # ware guned done ...

randomskater.. ur just a hacker... ;)

Upvote 0
thats not the pont ;) .. the pont is that the allies get an advantage out of the mill and the Germans do not... relly now.. how meany ppl do u think really pay the much attention to think to git off the bridge and ues a differnt root .. i saw wave after wave of ppl go on the bridge .. agin and agin... sure some made it but all so a good # ware guned done ...

randomskater.. ur just a hacker... ;)

Isn't that the whole point??? STRATEGY!!! You are asking to play on a rail... pfffttt.

Upvote 0
But using Inn's backdoor shows that it is too hard for axis to recap the Mill once the Allies occupied it. Additionally, the fence near stream mostleft of german spawn could use a hole or something to climb it to make it more direct to the mill.

In a game we played yesterday with 19 players, the Allies occupied it three times in one round only to have it taken away and ultimately the germans won the round... This map supports great gameplay and strategy if one is willing to use it.

The fence you mention, it has a hole where it changes to a brick wall.

There is a hole in the mill's wall, if you go from the stream side there is a hole in the wall facing the water.

Upvote 0