• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realy need a change here

LazerMane said:
You mean when you lean around a corner proned and shoot them with the tip of your helmet?

Buddy, you have it easy enough as it is. These aren't railguns we're dealing with here.
If you actually managed to read the change log for the new patch you would see that they fixed that, thus even if your comment had ANYTHING to do with the topic it would be wrong

Upvote 0
I think this thread needs more attention. The title doesnt really jump out, but yeah, being shot in the hand and arm should cause you to fire widly from hip shooting (not straight up, more a random displacement due to trying to compensate for recoil with injured arm) and Iron sighting should be nearly impossible with severe arm wounds.

With the likely hood of a bullet tearing muscle or breaking bone, i think this should modelled alot more realistically, although i dont know how well the current engine can account for that. Although if possible it would be good for what hand/arm is damaged to affect how you shoot. i.e if you are shot in the left hand but your character holds a pistol in the right hand then this shouldnt be changed much, however if the left arm is shot up, then someone would barely be able to hold a rifle with the left arm.

Upvote 0
I think this thread needs more attention. The title doesnt really jump out, but yeah, being shot in the hand and arm should cause you to fire widly from hip shooting (not straight up, more a random displacement due to trying to compensate for recoil with injured arm) and Iron sighting should be nearly impossible with severe arm wounds.

Also when you wound in hand it should be influence on reloading speed and other thngs:

if hit in left hand, reduce speed of SMG/LMG/pistols (because you take magazine by your left hand) reloading; if hit in right hand, reduce rebolting speed (you rebolts by right hand), reduce grenade throwing accuracy and speed.

Also, if critical hit (in shoulder, for example) player should not be able to aim/throw grenades/change weapons/etc for some time (because of shock)

Upvote 0
As a hardcore Bolter I have been getting more and more upset when I hit someone in the arm or hand, it just doesnt do anything, the damage it does has no concequences, he just shoots you within a second and you dont stand a chance.There should be done something about that imho.

What I would suggest is when a person gets hit in the hand/arm/shoulder, the sway increases x5 or x10, whatever it takes to make hitting something much much harder, maybe even add enormous conespread to the smg otherwise the smg's would just be able to shoot you unaimed without any trouble. It would be way more realistic, as I cant imagine being able to shoot somebody after just being hit in one of my arms. If you shoot someone in the leg, they limp and make an easier target, why isnt there a concequence when you shoot someone in the arm?

I hope this hasnt been mentioned already as I dont read the forums that often.

I agree 100% with your thread. I got very angry yesterday when I ran up to a guy and Shot him in the arm with a KAr98, and he turns around and shoots me with his entire clip! There is no way you can accurately use a weapon after getting shot in the arm.

Same thing goes for PTRD you hit a guy in the stomich/arm, and ALOT of blood comes out, but he still lives! If you were shot in the arm with a PTRD, it would fly off! I think PTRD does less damage than a rifle for some reason.

Upvote 0
You called yourself a "hardcore bolter"

Does that imply that in close quarters situations you take a rifle instead of a smg? Cos thats just silly :)

Hehe..... On Danzig.

4 caps.

10 bayos.

Couple of grenades.

The rest was mostly CQB.

Shot00148.jpg

Upvote 0
Also when you wound in hand it should be influence on reloading speed and other thngs:

if hit in left hand, reduce speed of SMG/LMG/pistols (because you take magazine by your left hand) reloading; if hit in right hand, reduce rebolting speed (you rebolts by right hand), reduce grenade throwing accuracy and speed.

Also, if critical hit (in shoulder, for example) player should not be able to aim/throw grenades/change weapons/etc for some time (because of shock)

I agree with this also. I don't see why anyone would not want this suggestion in game, the only problem i can see is how hard/time consuming it will be for tripwire to implement.

Upvote 0