• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another question, are you guys making a new game?

On the World War I topic, I don't think it would be hard to create a compelling and exciting game, people think that the overall strategic stagnation reflects tactical stagnation, which is a grave mistake. It is this period that saw the birth of modern squad tactics.

The last years of the war witnessed the development of stosstroopen and shock combat, and let's not forget that the Eastern Front was NEVER stagnant and rarely bogged down to trench warfare. About weapons, there was a plethura of different pistols and (hunting) shotguns available, especailly to officers, not to mention brutal hand to hand melee. If pistols were redesigned for better accuracy and stopping power, and a complex hand to hand system were added, complete with hand held bayos, shovels, etc, I think it would be quite intense. I also think such a game would offer the best possibilities for teamwork we have yet seen.

BUT AGAIN: I would really love to see a game on 1) the Boer War 2) the Russo-Afghan War (but I'm sure TW has already decided what it's doing, and this entire thread is useless ;-)

Upvote 0
If you're gonna attempt Vietnam, you might as well go all the way and do a Pacific Theater mod!

Will attract much more attention then just another 'Nam' game, and the weaponry will be more varied and interesting for both sides, not just one! :rolleyes:

Also with a Pacific mod, one wouldnt have to be so full-on with the lush jungle vegetation as there are many many more scenarios to recreate when its Japs V Marines! :D

Upvote 0
Vietnam please.......but 'realistic'.

no way, vietnam is between usa and vietcong.
im sorry to tell you guys but the rest of the world does not care about vietnam at all, most people wouldnt know what it was...

please let it be WW2, you dont sell a winning horse!
many games have been made about it but there is ALOT of room for innovation, RO is the tip of the iceberg
i am talking of 200+ man servers, real battle simulations with orders been given to the platoons of online players...

games like CS or other non-ww2 pfs games, can only get graphical improvements. but ww2 gamez can get muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better...

Upvote 0
I've always wanted to see a good World War I FPS. Not a mod, but a stand-alone game. I just fear it may never happen for the simple fact that most people have a preconceived notion that the entire war was fought in trenches. It was MUCH more dynamic and interesting than most people think. Especially eastern front and late war when blitzkreig tactics were perfected by the Germans. Maybe someday....

Now the other area I would love to see a good FPS is the Cold War. A hypothetical World War III. NATO versus Warsaw Pact. What if President Kennedy declared war against the USSR during the Cuban Missle Crisis in 1961? What if Russia's actions in Afghanistan led to a broader worldwide conflict in the early 1980s? I love these "what ifs" of history. The exact time period would be difficult to decide on, but there's so much potential and as far as I know it's new territory for an FPS.

In the end, it's TW's decision and not ours. I bet whatever they do will be an even bigger success than RO:O. TW has created a dedicated fan base. We're already sold on it and we don't even know what "it" is yet! :D

Upvote 0
A well done WWI game (I'm sure that the professionnalism of Tripwire would assure that) would be great since this war hasn't been the subject for any games on the market. There is The Trenches for HL1, but it's only a mod. A whole game would really be innovative and great.

I can't do anything but hope that has been the choice of Tripwire!

Upvote 0
working on new WW2 shooter would save huge amount of time, money and energy... because it was already done for RO.
I think if we are talking about good game than it must have some additional value that differentiates it from other "avarage" games out here. I belive that many things can be done better than they are in RO atm (no offence of course - major RO features are great but there is always space for improvment). Many things (movement, gun usage, inventory, game mods, level design, physical model, animations... etc.) can be done more complex in good balance with game fluency and still fun to play....
I also belive in more massive marketing activity for new RO game :)
I belive in TW ;)

Upvote 0
Tripwire, as a new videogames company, must develop a new franchise. To take advantage of the market, this company must find something new, bring some innovation to the consumers. So, I don't think that another WW2 game would bring that ''innovative'' aspect.

WWI would be great in my opinion, but they can always develop something like a RPG. You know, great companies like Blizzard only works on a couple of great franchises. Red Orchestra is one of them, now they must find another game that will definately change the genre.

I still hope for some realistic WWI game since there is no WWI game on the market.

For the expansion of the WWII theater, there is always mods for that. I have great hope in Carpathian Crosses, Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour.

Upvote 0