• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayonets have too short of a range!

my only problem with the bayonet is that if you hit a guy with a light stab that dosent kill him he isnt slowed down. he can just turn and shoot you. if you got stickered with a bayonet, you wouldent be just fine and dandy.

You could stab twice to be sure. Even when stabbed by bayonet victim doesn't necessarily die instantly, this really depends on hit location. He could die in seconds or even minutes or you could only scratch him, but he may have enough time to kill you if he has bullets left in his weapon and alive enough to realise that it is your bayonet in his guts, therefore this game is quite realistic. Bayonet fighting is only for last resort when you are out of bullets with your riffle or hasn't got time to reload. Atleast ROs close combat is really making "dance of death" more realistic than in some other games where both fighters are reloading their weapons and still not hitting :)

Upvote 0
Samurai.jpg

Upvote 0
Its so Hard Using Bayonet, that I just shoot a person instead of Bayonetting them, and its much more effective too!

Buttsmacks are cooler, and easier to hit people with, but they are too weak! You should be able to kill once in the head without charging up!

WHAT?

Bayonetting isn't hard! Just practice a bit! It's more fun and more satisfying that shooting, and not really any harder.

Also, more effective? A stab does as much damage as a bullet.

Upvote 0
If Bayonetting was easy, then I woudn't have said it was hard. I practice with bots, but Bots never run, they never go prone, and they never shoot back, which is what Human players do.

Yes, its more fun, but against an SMG, bayonets are USELESS, while shooting them up close is easier.

The only time I kill a guy with a bayonet is if the guy is reloading, or he doesn't see me. Very rarely do I somehow dodge every SMG fire, and bayonet him.

Upvote 0
Danzig is the best map for close combat other than Odessa and Kaukasus. I ran up stairs with an M44, and this guy kept on shooting me with a G43! He sprayed so much, his recoil went skyward, giving me a chance to bayonet him! Nothing more satisfying than bayonetting a guy with a Semi Auto. Or a Scoped G43 Sniper was camping the stairs, I ran at him and he missed and I stab him right in the face! Also since Danzig has alot of hiding places. I snuck up on a Russian MG who was picking off Germans in the buildings, and I stabbed him!

As for other maps, the bayonet does not work well, because it lacks buildings, or most of the combat is long range, or there are no places to hide. So Bayonets are only effective in Urban Maps. (except Kaukasus, where bayos work wonders.)

Upvote 0
I thought Bots could only use the first weapon on the selection?
Lol! You're probably right, I guess there's no other maps out there with the M44 in the first slot but on my map I'm making I have the M44 in the first slot & it's hilarious, instead of butsmacking like they normally do they go into "Captain stabbin" mode in melee.

Upvote 0
The bayo's are way underpowered... after stabing a guy in the hand/foot he is still able to run away with the same speed as you are... or he can turn and spray you with his ueber auto weapon.

I don't think that IRL after someone get stabbed in hand/foot (cutting muscles, veins, nerves aso) is still able to perform like a rambo...

I would like to see in future some penalities for the stabbed person... even was not stabbed to death...

Also in real life is qute hard to miss to stab a person wich is 1m away...

mod stab > ost stab ... unfortutanelly

Upvote 0