• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Usable mortars!

[TW]DrGuppy

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Nov 22, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Just going through my favourites list of websites for RO and I noticed that the Carpathian Crosses (http://www.carpathiancrosses.com/) Team has a working mortar in-game! I'm sure many people will be happy to see these added to the game (as seen by the millions of threads about them in the Ideas forums). Hopefully we'll see this mod soon for RO so I can steal the mortar and put into my own maps. ;)

Flame away... err... Discuss.

Off Topic: Make Leningrad easier on the computer. Maybe ****can a ton of windows or rooms no one uses so that we have less of a poly count. As of now I can't stand that map.

But not because of the framerate either. I'd like to see much less running to the fight. Move spawns closer to each other and maybe add one or two more objectives.

And there is way too much open space. 16v16 can't fill all of it.

As for Carpathian Crosses, I am not really looking forward to it. I'm sure I will download it, but I have a feeling it might be crappy. I have nothing to back this up though, it's just a hunch.

Upvote 0
Off Topic: Make Leningrad easier on the computer. Maybe ****can a ton of windows or rooms no one uses so that we have less of a poly count. As of now I can't stand that map.

But not because of the framerate either. I'd like to see much less running to the fight. Move spawns closer to each other and maybe add one or two more objectives.

As for Carpathian Crosses, I am not really looking forward to it. I'm sure I will download it, but I have a feeling it might be crappy. I have nothing to back this up though, it's just a hunch.

Your opinion and one not shared by many people personally i prefer the fact you have to more carefull and that there isnt only two or three positions which are guaranteed to have shooters in them, gruppy just do your own thing its worked so far.
Also how the hell do you know its going to be crappy honestly mate you havent seen one screen shot or video and you think you can make a judgement :rolleyes:, personally im exited by the possiblity of working mortars and think this mod might be quite good.

Upvote 0

can't wait to see what are YOU able to create. I'm shure it will be much better than what a team of talented coders and artists can produce.

Upvote 0
I'm really excited about usable mortars. I will for sure download and give Carpathian Crosses a chance based on just that.... however there are alot of other fine looking aspects of this mod that warrant a download.

Ever since Tali, however basic the implementation was, I've very much wanted to see mortars in some sense added to RO. Assuming they will be static, mortars combined with a creative mapmaker who focuses on strategic placements, corresponding chokepoints and elevation differences... these could be alot of fun.

Upvote 0
I love the idea of usable mortars, and I love that someone is adding the Romanians to the war. My only worry is that a 2 man operated mortar team will actually turn maps into 14v14 maps instead of 16v16, which is already too few on large maps (where mortars would be used). Also, the potential for teamkillers seems very high, but I guess you'd have to have two very skilled and cooperative tkers to make it work!

Upvote 0