• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Machine Gun Deploy Height

It's quite frustrating when items like sandbags, walls, windows etc are not at the correct height for a MG to be deployed.

For example. If you play Danzig as the russians you will notice that many windows (facing towards the objective) are not at the right height to deploy at, or when deployed the MG is facing directly at the wall you're leaning on.

I'd suggest a system where there is more freedom in what is used as a 'rest' by allowing the soldier, after the deploy key is pressed, to automatically adjust their height, to that matching the item.

eg. So if a wall is slightly taller than the soldier when crouched you could still deploy and the legs are adjusted so that they link from waist to the ground.

Similarly if stood up and the item is slightly lower you can deploy and the legs are bent more to make the soldier look correct.

This would create a more fluid system. But I suspect implementing it would be non-trivial.

If the devs do nothing else can they please check the windows on Danzig. Thanks.

I strongly agree, sometimes I have to abandon places that are perfect for MG's just because I couldn't get the view I wanted. It isn't a "urgent" problem yet, and I like the feature. But ability to arrange your height would help much. If it can be coded for MG's, it can be coded for other classes as well.

Upvote 0
i dunno about you guys, but i can deploy almost anywhere i want to

ROOST doesn't use a system that says "actor in correct place, deploy"

it seems to have a "can the bipod be actually put here?"

moving the screen up and down searching for the bipod sweetspot will do wonders

It's not about "deploying". It's about when you deploy, you don't have the desired FOV you should, because of "fixed" height.

Upvote 0
i dunno about you guys, but i can deploy almost anywhere i want to

ROOST doesn't use a system that says "actor in correct place, deploy"

it seems to have a "can the bipod be actually put here?"

moving the screen up and down searching for the bipod sweetspot will do wonders

...except that most of the time the bipod is rested thru something or floating in the air.

The MG deploying problems are not linked to RO realism "factor" as far as I know. It just ****s.

Like someone else said, DODS does it better.

Upvote 0
I've not played DODS so I've no clue how they manage it.

In RO it shouldn't just be a case of finding a new position just because the wall is slightly too high. I fully understand how to play this game, and know how to deploy a MG. In a perfect game the MG should be able to be deployed on a wider range of heights.

Aside:
I think some stuff on Danzig need to be checked though. You can rest your MG on a window ledge and be aimed at the actual ledge that you're resting on.
Anyone else get this? (as russian in building overlooking west bridgehead).

Upvote 0