• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which side do you prefer?

Which side do you prefer?

• German

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • Russian

Votes: 90 24.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 129 35.4%
  • Teamkiller

Votes: 19 5.2%

• Total voters
I'll play either team...I always usually auto the team selector. Sometimes the team switching forces me to manually switch myself to the side with less men in order to keep the game from going crazy.
Honestly though, the team stacking can be extremely out of whack. I jumped in on a server, autoed the team and when I looked at the teamlists...it was somewhere along the lines of 22:10 on a 32 player server. :eek:
Which is just plain ridiculous...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Normally I play whichever to keep the teams even, though I prefer axis.

I don't know what it is about the germans, but I always liked their weapons, tanks and planes.
Compared the the americans and british, their equipment stuck out to me more.
British and American tanks and planes look ugly and plain, but the germans had a lot of unique looking and mechanically working vehicles and weapons.

Upvote 0
I tell it to choose for me 99% of the time.

But I prefer the Russians for two reasons:

1. The Avto is my favorite weapon.

2. When it comes to maps where one side is assaulting I tend to like the challenge offered by the maps where the Russians are the attackers (Danzig, Odessa, Kessel, et al.)

But I prefer the MP40 over the Red's burp guns when it comes to smgs. So I do not really care.

Upvote 0
Unless the teams are uneven, I always choose the Soviets, and even then I sigh and shake my head as I'm forced to click the Nazi button. I just love the Russians, for some reason. Plus, I genuinely love Soviet weapons, I share the Soviet obsession with bayonets, and the PPsh is far more deadly and menacing than the MP40 (IMO)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unless the teams are uneven, I always choose the Soviets, and even then I sigh and shake my head as I'm forced to click the Nazi button. Why? Well honestly, Russians don't get alot of love, irl or in game, and alot of people that play Germans (I'm not saying all or even most, just alot) are fanboys brought up believing in die deutschen

Upvote 0
I just play whatever side will balance out the teams, which tends to mean I end up playing Russians.

When the autobalance finally is fixed, it'll be really nice to just be able to click "auto-select" and let the game put me on the side that needs more people WITHOUT the game counting people still loading in as Russians.

Upvote 0
This poll needs more options:
(and of course more cowbell)
  1. German
  2. Russian
  3. Whoever has less players
  4. Whoever has most players
  5. Attacker
  6. Defender
  7. Whichever team is at an advantage on a given map
  8. Whichever team is at a disadvantage on a given map
I see a LOT of 7's when I play...

I'm a 3, and then a 5. The only time I'm a 7 is when there are certain custom maps that are ridiculously out of whack and yet people still vote for them. (Town assault for example)

Upvote 0
I just join the team which is weaker. But I do like defending too, so sometimes I prefer the defending team :)
I also join the weaker team but I prefer the attacking team over the defending team.

In many maps, once things get rolling, both teams are attacking and defending so it usually doesn't matter much which team I'm on. I also prefer the Mosin over the Kar but I don't let that influence which team I join.

Upvote 0
Soviet Union for me, if teams are even. But if not, and Axis have less players, i go fight for Vaterland - this means i almost always play on Russian side, because of the stacking though. :)
Also, i now realise that on Mahnovo i've played only 1 or 2 games as russian - stacking goes the other way on this map, plus also i love big challenges - and getting to Poshta is one of such.

Upvote 0
Whoever has less players.
As this is a game I do not feel there is a kind of "connection" to both of my grandfathers in the current version, if there would I doubt that I'd play it simply because of respect.
Respect that I would not play something that is like their lost years and friends.

Upvote 0