• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How is the new tank?

Smokedawg

Aug 9, 2006
I haven't gotten too much of a chance to play with the new tank, since I have been busy playing on Danzig. How is the new tank? Is it better than the other panzer IV's?
I didn't mind the other panzer IV's because I liked the challenge of taking out the better russian tanks. Then again I also like driving the panzer III too.

I think the new tank is very good. It has good armour and good firepower. For example I was able to survive three shots from an IS 2 where as in a Tiger every single shot results being destroyed no matter how much you angle the fraking tank. So really overal the new tank is better than the crappy Tiger.

Wait. What? How is it in the SLIGHTEST bit possible for a Panzer IV to survive THREE shots from an IS-2, especially at these ranges. The IS-2 should be to the Panzer IV what the King Tiger would be to a T-34/85. One shot, every time, every angle, any range.

And people say the Tiger and T-34/85s are broken. The entire tank system is.

Upvote 0
True. But the TWI maps are generally a poor place to play serious tank vs tank shootouts. Arad usually will not exceed 400m in shooting distance. An is2 would dominate on Orel or BDJ.

Btw Panzer4h is my favorite tank in the whole game. Has very good armour, terrific cannon, with decent speed and mobility. I love playing arad with one of those things.

Upvote 0
Wait. What? How is it in the SLIGHTEST bit possible for a Panzer IV to survive THREE shots from an IS-2, especially at these ranges. The IS-2 should be to the Panzer IV what the King Tiger would be to a T-34/85. One shot, every time, every angle, any range.

And people say the Tiger and T-34/85s are broken. The entire tank system is.
Don't ask me. I've no idea why I survived shots from a IS 2 in my Panzer VI when I was always destroyed in my Tiger. It was the same IS 2 and I angled both tanks in near the same position but my Tiger was always destroyed on the first shot while I was able to withstand two direct hits in my Panzer VI and one time I was closer and survived three shots! And this was on Arad.

Upvote 0
The Question: "How's the New tank"
The Answer: Unrealistic and Nerfed

The PzIV H has a 1 piece hatch not a two piece like the PzIV G or F2 and the viewing slits on sides of tank and turret were taken out when the side skirts were fitted. The reason being that the side skirts blocked them and made them useless but thats not really that important the important thing is its side skirts do not exactually work against PTRD rounds which is not only unrealistic it shows how arcade Ro's Tank combat has gotten! In other words its a PzIV F2 with the skirts added in as eye candy rather than what they were ment for but its not surprising seeing as most of the tanks have major inaccauarcies such as the current verison of the Tiger I in game which is an early Tiger I and only 250 were made yet we see it in every late war map after the Tiger I would have be "upgraded". Another tank is the Pz III L for some reason it lacks side skirts on a 1944 map (RO-hedgehog) and is painted in Panzergrau rather than Camo in 1944! It also lacks some reslience against enemy rounds which is mind boggleing seeing how the Pz III L outclassed the PzIV F2 in armor by 20mm yet in game a new PzIII acts like a damaged PzIVF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That blasted PTRD can still penetrate the Panzer 4 H's front hull (80 mm). ****ing uranium powered rocket assisted PTRD bullets.:mad: :mad:

Anyway quote from one of my books:
Minor modifications, introduced during the production of the Ausf H (Panzer 4), included external air filters, all steel return rollers, a cupola mount for an anti-aircraft machine gun, a new style idler wheel, the deletion of the side vision ports for the driver and radio operator (probably because of the side skirts) and a new cupola with thicker armour and a single piece cupola hatch.

The info above is not modeled in game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0