• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank simulator, WII ?

Best WWII tank simulator is Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45. What is wrong with ROs tank simulator model, I think it is quite good? I have played Steel Beasts and Panzer Elite. Steel Beasts is good, but you can't hop out from tank if your tank gets hit like in RO2, same with Panzer Elite and PE even has no ballistics, every shot is going straight. As far as I know T34 vs Tiger isn't out yet. I think best tank sim so far is RO.

Upvote 0
Best WWII tank simulator is Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45. What is wrong with ROs tank simulator model, I think it is quite good? I have played Steel Beasts and Panzer Elite. Steel Beasts is good, but you can't hop out from tank if your tank gets hit like in RO2, same with Panzer Elite and PE even has no ballistics, every shot is going straight. As far as I know T34 vs Tiger isn't out yet. I think best tank sim so far is RO.

Agreed ;)

Upvote 0
Best WWII tank sim is in no way whatsoever RO-OST. The tank goes yellow FFS.

Either a shot penetrates the armour or it doesnt. If it does it either hits something critical (crew, ammo, engine) or it doesn't. Armour does not turn yellow and then red and then boom. Tanks with flaming engines should be immobile, not charging across fields unimpeded. RO models tank battles more realistically than the BF series of games and that is about it. WWIIonline has by far the most realistic tank simulation going.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
panzer elite my ass. you younguns oughta play Panzer Commander.

Damn Straight! I even set up my Voice COmmander software so I could shout orders to the crew.

It bit that there was really no infantry, just static positions, but for its day it really did the trick.

The abiltiy to get out of a tank is absolutely meaningless in a true WWII tank simulator. If you are playing tank combat simulations a crewman away from his tank is useless. You are not going to "run back to spawn." Bottom line in a true tank sim you die with the tank. If you want to have respawn fine but none of this running back to base or hopping on other undermanned tanks.

Upvote 0
My opinion is that RO is best WWII tank game which is simulating tanks with accurately enough for gamer like me. I bought Panzer Commander also in those days, infantry what infantry? I prefered Muzzle Velocity, you could get out from tank and shoot enemy tanks with your Panzerfaust or Bazooka:) though it wasn't anykind of simulator. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_Velocity_(computer_game)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_Velocity_(computer_game

I hardly play any tank simulators anymore, becouse they are so freaking boring, you cannot get out from tank and shoot tanks with Panzerfaust or do whatever you have to do to survive. Perhaps RO isn't perfect tank simulator but RO is simulating also immersion and feeling together with lot of technical data, it is simulating that feeling when you tank gets hits and you can barely manage to bail out before it explodes and you are out from you tank only with pistol in your hand, what to do next, I must watch out those snipers and machine gun fire...try to get back to my lines.

Upvote 0