• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[USA] Did you vote today?

[USA] Did you vote today?

• Yes

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • I'm not a US citizen

Votes: 72 56.7%

• Total voters
It's sad when we live in a country where anyone over the age of 18 can vote and less then 50% of registered voters actually go to the polls. It's like spitting in the face of those gone before us who put their lives on the line so everyone could vote. There are countries where people risk being killed just to go vote. However, here in the USA we'll stay home because it's raining.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion, voting is pretty dumb. All you do is the pick the person who seems to be less of a liar. No thanks. You never know if you picked the right person, for every good thing a politician does, the WILL screw up equal or more the value of said good deed.

Do you think Al Gore would have gone into a war in Iraq? Or abandoned the Kyoto Protocol?

Policy differences are also huge. Though...Gore would have lied about other things.

Upvote 0
I voted yesterday... I vote every time, and it feels great.

Its something very important that alot of people around the world dont have the luxury of. The attitude that your vote doesnt matter is the exact apathetic point of view that undermines the quality of government that we have. You think it all stinks and none of the candidates represent you, so on and so forth, then what do you do.... you dont vote and end up with them anyway!

I encourage people to start becoming involved in their government. I'm with most of you when you say 'I cant stand politics', but at the same time its very important to be involved with and understand your government. Read the fine print people! There were some propositions here in California that would have been great for our State, but werent passed because, I feel, a lot of people listen only to commercials on TV for their information. They actually believe those commercials. Read the fine print people! In August you should be sent a booklet with all of the issues coming up in the next election that pertain to your State... Read the fine print contained in that book! it explains everything in detail... that way you can make an actual educated decision.

If you think your vote means nothing... then maybe what you need is to work with local volunteers to get the message that you believe in - out there to the public. Rally support for what you believe in... that way you are 10, 20, even hundreds strong when you hit the polls. Your vote does matter! Your participation is essential, and it will make a difference!

Upvote 0
99% of politicians are crooks/sleazy/scandal-mongers.

Vote in 1% :) I did: my candidates were not elected but at least I feel I have done my part. I know they are honest and coherent - probably that's why they were not elected ;-) I don't necessariky agree with all their political ideas but I respect them for having an ideology and acting accordingly. Sometimes I make my mistakes but as we live in a democracy I can allways change my candidates.

Besides here in Brazil we are obliged to vote, so every time someone complains about politicians I have a lot of fun asking them whom they voted just to criticize them for their bad choices: it's intriguishing how often people who complains about politicians choose the worst ones :-?

Upvote 0
Everyone should vote.

The worst argument I hear is that "my vote don't do any difference". Elections can be decided by sooo small margins, every vote is critical.

I dont know how voting is done in your neck of the woods, but we have an electoral college. The other reason I wont vote is because I dont want to be called to do my civil duty as a juror.

As far as complaining about ****, no need to do that either. I send my taxes and leave them alone, all I want is the same.

Upvote 0
I dont know how voting is done in your neck of the woods, but we have an electoral college. The other reason I wont vote is because I dont want to be called to do my civil duty as a juror.

As far as complaining about ****, no need to do that either. I send my taxes and leave them alone, all I want is the same.

I wish they would get rid of the electoral college for the presidential elections. I live in a "red" state. So my vote get nullified if I vote "blue". It's the same for someone who lives in a "blue" state, who votes "red". We should have a popular vote for the president. Like every other politician.

If I get jury duty because I vote. I'll accept it. It's worth it to be able to vote. Hell, people have died so I can. Serving a little time in a jury is nothing compared to that.

Upvote 0