• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

I just tried the 1 unload 1 reload method and got really frustrated (kept dropping shells ect), it took about 1 minute 25 seconds and seemed to over complicate a fairly simple procedure.

Well now we know which reloading procedure is best.

Hear that devs? Unload all empty shells first, THEN load new bullets.

I cant wait to see if they add it into RO, probably after November patch unless were lucky on a scary level.

Upvote 0
AH HA! I got it down to 22 seconds! :cool:

Yeah, that's about more inline with the time it takes me to reload mine.

If I'm particularily lucky and don't drop any casings (I dunno why, but I'm horrible with handling those shells...) I can reload the Nagant in around 20 seconds, down to as low as 15 seconds if everything goes right (which seldom does).

Of course, I have a decent amount of practice with reloading in that method, since I also do some cowboy shooting. Single-actions ftw. :)

Oh, and yeah. That Wolf ammo? I've got a healthy order in with my local shop for the stuff already. :D

Upvote 0
Nagant Revolver was a RUSSIAN gun
CU96 or whatever was a GERMAN gun

You guys got that confused

No, we are not confused.

The C96 was issued (or purchased) by Russian Officers in pre-war years and some people want to see it as an option for Russians. This has been brought up before.

I personally dissagree with this because the count of Russians w/Nagants -vs- Russians w/C96 is probably one million to one. It's just a bad idea and the last thing this game needs is another uber rare of the rarest firearm or combo.

There were probably 100 times more Germans with captured Nagants than Russians with pre-war purchased C96s. Hell, even the Germans who were actually issued C96s were uber rare.

IMHO There are too many prolific bread and butter guns aren't even in the game yet.

The Nagant OTOH should be in the game. Absolutely! No reason or excuse for it not to be included. It belongs there.

Upvote 0
Here you go for the German C96:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C96

As you can see it was not a Russian weapon so stop talking about it like it is. It was made back in WW1 and many of them were in use in WW2 by SS officers and MG crews.

This weapon was in the mod And I would like them both back!

OK where do I begin...

For those of us that are not following this thread properly let me lay down some facts:

1)YES, WE KNOW THE C96 WAS A GERMAN WEAPON!

2)Some Russian Officers purchased C96s prior to WWII.

Does that clear things up a bit for you?

Please read an entire thread before "correcting" those of us that know what we are talking about. You are jumping into the middle of a conversation and taking in everything out of context. :mad:

And NO, I do not think the C96 belongs in ROOST personally. At least not in Russian hands. So we agree on that point.

IMHO it was too rare in numbers on the EF and we have enough rare birds in this game alread. It's inclusion will detract from the limited realism we now have and is not in line with ROOST's realism theme.

Upvote 0
for those of that still don't think we should have the nagant, does it not seem reasonable to fill the 2nd pistol slot for the russians, the germans have 2 so why not? its not going to hurt anything (except the enemy:D)

No Argument TrentA,

Everybody agrees it should be in the game. No arguments there.

Now if we can convice TWI, that's the important part.

Upvote 0
Well the Nagant Revolver is certainly not rare, or a niche gun by a long shot.

The C96 fits your "niche" description very well however.

Ill reiterate again that there is absolutely no reason anyone could give not to include the Nagant Revolver. It served through the entire war and was used everywhere on the EF so it could be on all maps.

Some are even still in use today. There were millions made AFAIK.

Upvote 0
Even if the Nagant Revolver wasn't the best pistol around, there are also many balance reasons to include it as a Russian sidearm.

Lets say you got a map where the Russians have a really easy time defending (Or attacking, whatever) and it needs to be balanced it out a little, by giving the russians a weaker and slower weapon to work with you effectively increase the average difficulty by a small margin for that side on that particular map.

Or in the case that the Russians are having too hard of a time on a specific map, since I heard that many Nagant revolvers were issued to normal soldiers (can anyone confirm?) then giving the revolver to some of the lesser classes could give the Russians enough of a boost to even the map up, but it wouldn't unbalance the map because the Nagant isn't nearly as powerful or quick as the Tokarev anyway.

Do you guys kinda see what I'm getting at, or did I explain it weird?

Upvote 0
I vote for this whole heartedly, have for a long time. It's my most favoritest pistol ever. Seriously, the design is completely silly but makes perfect sense with what it was trying to do. And how can you not laugh when you see a 7.62 Nagant round? The little bastard is seated so far down in the brass it looks like a mistake.

They were made by the millions and it would be truly heartbreaking to see the Nagant continue to be omitted. I really just hope that they pulled it from the mod to retail release so that they could tweak the model/animations/sounds/whatever.

Upvote 0
You're advocating spending the time to put in a handgun that even in its day was a silly gimmick of a design. The animations for a revolver are going to be completely different than anything in the game already, so it will probably take a while to make, and almost no one would use it when given the choice, except maybe for laughs.

For historical completeness it should be there, but I don't see the point in taking all that time to put in a gun that the average player will hate when we already have a viable pistol. There's so many other things they could spend their time adding to the game that would add not only to the historical accuracy but also the gameplay.

Upvote 0
Some are even still in use today. There were millions made AFAIK.
yea I read something on the railroad police and security guards still carrying them.

oh and the nagant revolver is an accurate shooter, there are examples of ones that have a different grip on it and were used it for competition shooting. so even with an underpowered cartrage this is a bonus over the tokarev

The statment about the coding and such, Im not a dev, and if you aren't so I'd just leave it to them to decide if it is too complicated to make or not. (no offence intended)

Upvote 0