• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leader ranks

2M|Bivoj

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
Actualy all soldiers (icluding leaders and snipers) are privates, which is not really realistic.

To fix that, there should be made some changes in player skins: shoulder rank-badges and collar insignia should be changed to NCO rank.

This seems to be a small change, but maybe there is some problem why it is not done yet... (I remember, that mod version also suffered this historical inaccuracy).

I also remeber, that in mod days some soldier skins had medal badges (EK2 and winter 41 medal I think). Adding some badges, medals or other awards as well as some small injuries would be nice.

Well one "nice" (WARNING! REALISM FANS DON`T READ THIS POST! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!) idea would be that squad leader gains "rank" whenever he does his job (like helping capture objectives\other stuff like that) and like there would be rank 0-3.

0 = default.

1 = This would indicate Sergeant\something like that, capture speed slightly increased when he is in capzone.

2 = Similiar to 1. but faster capzone and friendlies nearby cannot lose their weapons if shot to hands.

3 = This would possibly indicated Platoon Liutenant\something like that, capture speed doubled, friendlies cannot lose their weapons if shot into hand and friendly units nearby gains small accuracy bonus.

Not realistic AFAIK but it would give good reason to let the guy who "is" squad leader to do his job properly.

But yeah, there are other problems to figure out (and fix) first.

Upvote 0
There was great variety of uniforms in mod days and accidental TKing did not happen more often than now...

But yes - new uniforms have greater priority, but adding some rank(s) would be easier to implement...

"easier"? how i love the suggestions forum :)
You only would have to redo the UV map for all playermodels. Easy thing :)

But hey, maybe some mods have something like that planned already? ;)

Upvote 0