• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick movements

plon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 7, 2006
France
www.bubblies.net
I really enjoy the slow realistic movements and gameplay , it could be cool to be able to do some quick movements with quick response too ...

I've been so frustrated too many times by this lack of ability... just a little speed boost in movements when situation is critical...
"danger" = "need to speed up in order to stay alive"

For example, to roll when prone by double tapping on 'left' and 'right' movement keys :
It could drain lot of stamina in order to forbid for-ever-rolling player.
When standing up it could force your player to dive to the left or right.... still draining lots of stamina and maybe sometime it could cause damages, or loosing weapon, blur vision...

What do you think about this ability?

aww comon, we are not saying these soldiers are ninjas, but anyone with a brain who was out in the open would roll into cover if an mg opened up. i would personally really like to see some of these left/right dives, or the ability to keel over backwards. (running forwards and sortof doing a baseballskid and ending up on your back facing up) the reason i would like keeling over backwards is because ive done it myself while playing paintball, it takes no skill to do, and it gets you down to prone or crouch damned fast, also it dosent move you forward, so if theres something you dont wana jump over its better then a forwards leap which actually hurts more then the keel over bakwards thing.

Upvote 0
I really enjoy the slow realistic movements and gameplay , it could be cool to be able to do some quick movements with quick response too ...

I've been so frustrated too many times by this lack of ability... just a little speed boost in movements when situation is critical...
"danger" = "need to speed up in order to stay alive"

For example, to roll when prone by double tapping on 'left' and 'right' movement keys :
It could drain lot of stamina in order to forbid for-ever-rolling player.
When standing up it could force your player to dive to the left or right.... still draining lots of stamina and maybe sometime it could cause damages, or loosing weapon, blur vision...

What do you think about this ability?

You can play Unreal Tourney, and double tap one of your movement keys to do "a quick move" infact why not suggest putting in a "double jump" feature in. Honestly I think double jump is what is missing in RO, with out it RO is just one of those "realism" games. And another thing, why can't I rocket jump with the panzerfaust!!!! Every time I try I end up dying. that is complete BS!!!!!!

Besides try this outside in your yard, take a broom handle, and then try a standing sideways roll, a walking sideways roll, and a running sideways roll. MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOOKING FOWARD THE ENTIRE TIME.

Then try TURNING and Diving foward or dropping to prone

Tell me which one is easier.

Rolling with a rifle in your hand without messing yourself up is a *****, and that's when no one is shooting at you

Last edited:
Upvote 0